Burnin out my drum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Picked up a 55 gal drum today. It was used to carry energy drink powder. For you guys that have an UDS bout how long it take yall to burn them out? Mine has a reddish color liner in it almost looks like a primer. Should i burn it a few times?

I vote to start cooking in it and if the stuff tastes funny give it to the neighbors. Thats how I always planned to handle that contingentcy should it rear it's ugly haid. Now if the liner start popping and slinging hunks over everything I would not eat the chunks. Just brush it off or squirt it down with an airgun etc. My barrell has got too hot to touch and the liner aint never budged on trying to come unhinged. Now I dont cook in it I use it to insulate and cover the R2D2 water smoker. I have gave this a lot of thought and do believe that be the highest calling for a 55 gal barrell in the bbq hobby.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
I have gave this a lot of thought and do believe that be the highest calling for a 55 gal barrell in the bbq hobby.

bigwheel

I have to disagree.

Build a great big fire. The flames shooting out the top of it kind. Then wire brush the liner off.

Well i burnt it out pretty good. I'm gonna take the grinder to it and get the rest of the paint off and any liner if there is any left, then i guess ill burn it a few more times.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom