burners turn themselves off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

badolina

Assistant Cook
Hi all, I have a problem and would appreciate some help, as I am a newbie...

I have recently replaced the burners - cast iron burners, identical to what I had before (OEM). They turn on alright - but after a minute or two there is sound of a mini explosion and the burners turn off. After that there is a sound of, lacking a better term, "heavy breathing", when it seems that the fire struggles to survives but is actually out.

Any idea what is wrong? How to fix it? Thanks!

Also, what is the screw in the base of the burner? It attaches to nothing. Thanks!

Thanks Nick. The burners came as-is, not wrapped. I can see whether anything blocks the flow, but the burners burn for the first 2 minutes without a problem.

I agree, it sounds like something might be blocking it or whatever it's connected to. That sounds like the logical answer to me but it could be something different, I'm not sure to be honest. I called this company and they helped me out with my grill when it was having issues this spring, they might be able to tell you exactly what it is.
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/weber- ... 93079.html
Hope you can get it all fixed up!

Try looking at where the gas line fits around the burner intake. On my old gas grill the gas line (some kind of foil or thin tin) just seis around the "intake" for the burner. If there is a gap between the two, wind will blow the gas out of the gas line before it enters the intake of the burner. I had very similar problems. I believe it was a Charbroil grill. I hope this makes sense and helps. db

I had a turkey burner act sorta like that. Come to find out it had some kinda high pressure check valve inline that made it close off when the full force of the propane hit it. Would burn just a little then quit. Maybe a similar problem to what you got. Not sure of course.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom