Brisket Today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary in VA

Head Chef
So, was hankerin to cook a brisket that had been in the freezer for a while.... so.... thawed it out.... trimmed and rubbed it last night with a new rub I came up with and had it all ready to drop on the Primo at 4:00 am this morning.

it is now just before noon and internal temp is at 147. I figure I will foil it around 2:00 pm this afternoon to speed things up a bit. More pics to follow.

I decided to use the Primo because it just wouldn't fit on the WSM and I would have had to cut it in half or bunch it up or something and that probably wouldn't work. :mrgreen:

I saw a book with tons of rubs in it and now I wish I would have gotten it. You got up at 4am to put a brisket on, what a guy. What time did it finally finish up? Who fixes the sides and what will you serve with it. Baked beans, corn bread, crunchy slaw and hot bread is what I would serve.

1:45 pm Foiled at an internal temp of 160. a little sooner than I would have liked, but I am aiming to have this thing for dinner tonight

just before going into the foil

And... Dinner was served!

rub experiment turned out well... could use a little tweaking, but all in all I was definately satisfied. Brisket was very tender and very moist.

Dude if you aint already competing, I think you need to start! Can't taste it but it's a perfect 9 in appearance!

Back
Top Bottom