Brisket Texture Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Al

Senior Cook
My question is Is there a "right" texture for brisket? Kind of like butts are "right" when you can pull'em and ribs are "right" when you can tear'em easily by pulling apart two bones.

I know that they shouldn't be like pot roast but I was just wondring what you folks consider the right texture.

Al

Yes Al, there is a point where a brisket kind of "gives up the ghost." When this happens, it will kind of "jiggle" when handled. It is hard to splain unless you have felt it! Woody

Thanks guys. you're right, it's really an individual thing. I like my brisket to have a bite and not be shreadable. I like my ribs the same way with a little gumption and not fallin' off the bone.

Al

There is a right texture, but for me it depends what I want to do with the finished cow pie. If I want to slice it thin to pile high on an onion roll with munster and horseradish I'll take it off a little early. Chopped Marinated Beef on a cheap burger bun with a slice of vidalia and sour pickles will be best if its falling apart.

Good Q!

Jack

I like mine, slicable but the slices need to be tender enough it will pull apart with ease.

FATZ said:
Woodman said:
Yes Al, there is a point where a brisket kind of "gives up the ghost." When this happens, it will kind of "jiggle" when handled. It is hard to splain unless you have felt it! Woody

Well said, WoodMetaphorist!!

The descriptor "Wabba-Wabba" comes to mind

Good Q!

Jack

Back
Top Bottom