Brisket temps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I pull mine in the 190-195* temp range, wrap in foil and towel and let rest a minimum of 2 hours before cooling and slicing.

Being a middle Tennessee boy I got to get used to BBQ that once Moooed. Mine always oinked first. Nobody out there found a oinkin cow have ya? ;) (that's a joke)

Bring that brisket to 190 and start checking it with a tooth pick every five degrees until the tooth pick goes in easy. Then wrap and rest.

Is this poke test where the term "Cow Poke" came from? :LOL: I guess I need to learn how to poke my cow. [smilie=dancing_cow.gif] I appreiciate the info. I'm not far off with what I've been doing, but now I have a clearer idea as to how to finish it. Thanks a bunch!

Rooster

I inject with Tab then let it rest in a cooler for 50 days.

Or sometimes I just do what Larry does.

dustaway said:
zilla said:
Bring that brisket to 190 and start checking it with a tooth pick every five degrees until the tooth pick goes in easy. Then wrap and rest.

should the feel be like when you check a cake or like warm butter?

Remember you do not want your brisket completely tender when you pull it off the cooker if you plan on resting, which is the most important part of cooking a brisket in my opinion. You want the brisket to have a little bit of resistance when you pull it off the cooker. It will continue to cook a bit, redistribute juices and tenderize during the resting process. If you wait until the probe goes in like butter and let it rest for a couple hours, it'll fall apart when you slice it.

diverdave said:
.... I took to 195, wrapped in double foil and put into a cooler for 3 hrs. It was fantastic. Everyone thought it was the best they had ever tasted. In the future I plan on not going over 195 before pulling it off.

That's how I do it....cept for 2 hours

I was doing 190, then a nice long rest...My last one was left in to 205 (I overslept)..It was good but fell apart when i was slicing it...Im thinking my next one will go to 195 and of course a nice long rest...

Back
Top Bottom