Brisket temp.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
At what temp do you pull your brisket? Do you foilt it? thanks. I'm at 170 degrees right now. 15 pounder cooked all night! ill post pics when done.

I like to foil at 170 then pull off at 195 and wrap again in foil and let sit in the cooler for 2 hrs min.

If you are cooking at 225 - 250.... after you foil, you can bump up the temp to 275 without any ill effects if you want to speed things up a little more.

The last one I did I cooked until 195 then foiled for 2 hours and rested and sliced.. It was my best so far.. Let us know how it came out $1.00..... ;)

two weeks ago was my best one yet....I did no foiling...pulled it off the grill cut it up and pulled it hot ... heres my recipie for pulling...two parts pull n eat... one part in bowl.....two parts pull n eat....one part in bowl

:shock:

I start looking to pull around 190-200. When in this range and the temp probe goes in easy I pull it. It has a little resistance let it cook al little longer. Just my 2 cents.

You guys are awesome! Its at 188 now and I'm about to pull it. Ive got a 6 pound butt below it. Ill post pics as soon as its off (and get a chance!). Thanks again for your replies! db

dollarbill said:
You guys are awesome! Its at 188 now and I'm about to pull it. Ive got a 6 pound butt below it. Ill post pics as soon as its off (and get a chance!). Thanks again for your replies! db
OK it's 8:58 and still no pics :LOL:

we don't foil our brisket until its done then into the cooler for a rest time that can vary from 1/2 hr to 2 hrs.

Done can be anywhere from 195-210 it all depends on the brisket.

Tannehill Kid said:
dollarbill said:
OK it's 8:58 and still no pics :LOL:

Took it off at 195 foiled an let sit in the cooler for an hour maybe two. Unwrapped it and ate it right out of the foil. I got really drunk too. Ill post pics tonight. It was well done but still tender and tasted GREAT! thanks for all the help.

I agree with the other's, "pull when it's tender, not on temp alone". I've had briskets tender and done at 185º, others not until around 200º.

img_165719_0_913b1088c68132df1dd06d74f13e1263.jpg

img_165719_1_c76ffa2e16b2d1df6e132050814f48dd.jpg

A little to well for me but it was still really really good :D :D :D

I'm still trying to figure this whole thing out. Most of the briskets I've cooked are very dry at the 180-190F internal temperature. But lately I've been taking my briskets up to 210F and they are very moist.

Is this a variation in individual briskets, or am I finally hitting a point where the collagen has broken down and that is what is providing the moisture?

Steve

Nick Prochilo said:
Was it juicy?

Somewhat.........The sauce I brushed it with during the cook was pretty good if I do say so myself! :LOL: ( I think thats what you see kinda runnin down.)

brisket temp?

I don't profess to be a BBQ GURU- but when I do a Brisket or Butt or Ribs , I do the touchy-feely thing! Since Thremometers are expensive(the ones that DO woke weel) I forgo them and revert to my old fation ways. Pop taught me(and experience) that when my Brisket is gettig done(I use the rule of thumb of 1-1/2 hrs./lb.@200* to 225*) it starts to get somewhat stiffer to move(jiggle).This tell me the fat,connective tissue and collagen is breakind down. The Flat and the Point will be firmer and the fat between the two will be the what you feel moving. That's when I stick my instant read therm into to thick part and check. Only one hole, no way to give the juices a chance to excape during cooking and less STUFFin the bottom of the Pit to clean-up. Ribs, get the bend test and Butts ge thier bones pulled(that's kinda my definition of Pulled Pork-LOL).
Any way, I smoke with pre-burned wood(coals only) as to maintain a Blue Smoke.
img_167578_0_6f5ff453d6dca9a420d0f50c8dabd3fb.jpg

Just My Opinion...

Back
Top Bottom