Brisket Success and other good Competition food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Food looks great Chuck...can I ask you a question about the rib box?

Did you use one of those brushes with the silicone bristles on it? and did you use Blues Hog Sauce? the reason I ask is that it appears as though there are brush marks on the ribs made with a silicone brush and you can see what appears to be some type of seeds or some spice in the sauce on the ribs (very reminiscent of Blues Hog Sauce).

Congrats Chuck..sound like you hooked on the comp hobby like a big old fish. Its a real hard addiction to break. Now will give you one small tip if you don't mind. When you say you went to a small cookoff that is a dead giveaway it might have been you and two other guys. I would take that small word out of the vocabulary. Somebody axe you how many was there...you say something like this: "There was stacks huffing as far as the eye could see." Just trying to save you a few steps on the learning curve.

bigwheel

Well it would really look nice if you could convince some of them nutty KCBS folks to give up on wet lettuce and plastic Ivy type stuff. That is simply insane. You know at the big cookoffs they fly in special artsy fartsy plating ladies to arrange that rabbit food? Whut it has to do with bbq I aint quite sure. Guess everybody got to make a living huh? Everytime I think about it I just want to biotch slap somebody.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom