Brisket Strategies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
surfinsapo said:
Music rocked and so did the brisket... Do you know that every brisket is different for some strange reason? Ask JB..

Agreed, I think briskets have a mind of their own. Great job on the vid.

I've never injected mine. I do cook it fatcap down. I will cook it unwrapped for about 4-5 hours, wrap it for about 3-4, then finish unwrapped for about 2 to reset the bark. Usually comes out very good and juicey. I will use a rub with garlic, paprika, garlic, salt, pepper.

I tried that final stage reheat a time or two. Seemed like all the moisture from the brisket wound up in the fire. Guess I wasnt doing it right.

bigwheel

I like to use Fab Free. I am MSG sensitive so the other products, Fab B, Butcher Q and Kosmo's Q give me a msg buzz.

Ya me too. My heart races with MSG. My recent pics show my brisket turning out better with the wrap and inject.

I did a brisket today and tried a new rub/paste. I got it from an Adam Perry Lang recipe. http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2009/05/adam-perry-lang-serious-barbecue-beef-brisket-recipe.html It was 3 tblsp of mustard, 3 tblsp of Better than Bouillon, 6 tablespoons of ancho chili powder. It is followed with a normal rub mix. It made a nice paste that imparted very good flavor and set into a decent bark (I am a high heat foiler).
24732_503349867573_190200215_30041352_5326587_n.jpg

The meat was very good. Perfect bite for brisket. It was my first time doing brisket on my new on BKCG. I used too many wood chunks so it was a little bit over smoked, but still extremely flavorful. I guess the beef bouillon kicked up the beef flavor, without it tasting like roast beef.

Looks mighty tasty. That betta than bullion is some good stuff even though a little pricey. Try Minor's beef base..try all their bases in fact if you aint already. They have a shrimp base which will kick your gumbo up into outter space. Usually dispensed by the wholesale grocery restaurant distributors or can be ordered online. Seems like it around 9 bucks for a fair sized small bucket of the stuff. They even have an ancho base somebody tole me. Comparing the beef versions havent noticed much difference flavorwise but the Minor's has little chunks of meat in it where the other dont seem to have that feature. Would definitely need straining if somebody want to use it for an injection.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom