Brisket Sauce question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary in VA

Head Chef
Looking for suggestions....

I cooked 20 flats this weekend to use for several upcomming events. Foodsavered em and froze em...

I foiled the flats as I normally do and let them rest... I took the initive to save the juices left in the foil when I sliced them.

Now my question....

I was considering using these juices in the making of a sauce to put on the brisket. I was thinking of adding it to an existing storebought sauce such as cattlemans... maybe adding a beer in there as well or some Jack.

Or... i could start from scratch and make up a new sauce... soooo.. does anyone have any comments or suggestions or suggested recipes they could shoot my way for this experiment.

Thanks for any input, past experience, etc etc...

Gary

Gary, I can't reccomend a sauce for brisket cause I just don't have the experience...but if you have the juice, I'd think hard and heavy about adding some pepper and garlic, and maybe a little oil/vinegar, to make a nice thin flavorful sauce.

You know me, it's gotta be a thin sauce! :D

Hoss and Kevin could help here a lot. Where has Kevin been?

Hey ya buddy,

I like the idea of using the juices. The only problem that I could see is how long will it keep. Any time you have meat product, you have to figure it will eventualy go bad. IMHO.

Add some beef stock (not broth) to it along with some celery and onions, season to taste with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Reduce by half and strain out the chunky stuff. Pour over meat, or serve on the side.

Or... If Nick is around... make gravy.

Back
Top Bottom