Brisket Point

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Has anyone ever just cooked the point from a brisket? I've got one in the freezer and want to do it up for some burnt ends. Do I cook it just like it was attched to the flat, still take it up to 195ish, any advice would be appreciated.

Bruce,
I normally separate the point from the flat before cooking. I don't really measure the temp of the point though. I cook it un-foiled along with the flat and foil both when the flat hit's 165*. Once I pull the flat at 190*, I will let the point continue to cook and break down for another hour or so. Then I pull it off the cooker and chop and sauce it.

I've only done it a couple times. At 190* they were good but still seemed to have a "fatty" feel to them. I now take them to 205* ( finished at a higher pit temperature) to render more fat out then simmer in the smoke stock mixed with sauce like the Slabs. We really like them cooked like this.

Rich

So I guess what I'm hearing is next time I fire up just throw it on and take it to about 200 and that should be that. Thanks guys.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom