Brisket Help 911

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It appears the "fat side downs" have it. Which is exactly what son Greg recommended this AM. Zero minus 4.5 hours and counting. Thanks again gang!

The Missing Link said:
AirBoss don't forget the picture. AirBoss what type of equipment / smoker are you useing?

Thanks,
Missing Link.

I use a CharBroil electric H2o that I bought for $45 just to see if I'd like real smoke and que. I've been a Weber grill guy for 30 years, charcoal and gas. Now that I have the bug, my next step is to invest in a smoker the likes of Stumps. I'll never be a major league player like a lot of the folks here but I do enjoy it and this great board has been an enormous help...plus it's fun.

Captain Morgan said:
Airboss, next time you see your son, will you punch him in the mouth one time for me?

Good luck on the brisket! :D

Ancient Chinese proverb: "Old man who punch strong young son in mouth, soon take ride in ambulance." So alright, tell me what he's done and I'll speak to him.

Brisket update. On the smoke for 12.5 hours. Looks like a metorite, which is good. Internal temp is 182 this minute and eveything is cool in the school. Is there any value or danger in adding more smoke wood now? I really want to make the neighbors crazy.

lol!

At this point, I'd say adding more smoke wood may actually run the chance of getting a slightly bitter flavor in the bark.

However, I seriously know nothing about brisket, and I would take my advice with a grain of salt. And a beer.

Good looking brisket there, AB.

That reminds me, I have to change the oil in the snow blower today.
9.gif
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Bruce B said:
Good looking brisket there, AB.

That reminds me, I have to change the oil in the snow blower today.
9.gif
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Classic! I love it.

Thanks for the compliment Bruce. The truth will be in the tasting, as they say.

The Joker said:
Nice shot of the pool, AirBoss! :( Oh, nice looking brisket too. :D

Thanks Joker. I owe it all to BBQ-4-U.

I took the picture with the pool in the background before my daughter and her friends arrived. Who wants to see a group of 20 somethongs, er somethings, clutterin' up a good shot of brisket eh?

Which reminds me: I better go find the noodles.

:beach:

Airboss said:
The Joker said:
Nice shot of the pool, AirBoss! :( Oh, nice looking brisket too. :D

Thanks Joker. I owe it all to BBQ-4-U.

I took the picture with the pool in the background before my daughter and her friends arrived. Who wants to see a group of 20 somethongs, er somethings, clutterin' up a good shot of brisket eh?

Which reminds me: I better go find the noodles.

:beach:
Yeah, who wants to see a bunch of 20 year old girls in bikinis hanging around the pool! :eek: [-o< [-o< [-o<

Which remindes me ~ I gotta go winterize the mowers and break out the winter gear!! :( :(
23.gif

Back
Top Bottom