Brisket help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
I've go a 15 1/2 lb. brisket I'm cooking for tomorrow. I want to take it off the cooker at 11:00 AM Saturday. I'm planning on putting today at 1:00 PM. Is 22 hours too long? Thats a little under 1 1/2 hours per pound. Help please!!!!

Starting at 6:30 is plenty of time, unelss you want to eat at 11:00. Then I would start a little earlier. Load it up and don't look back. Keep that fire around 225-235 tops. I start mine between 8-9pm that and then wrap it as soon as the sun comes up. I usually then pull the meat around 2 and let sit for an hour or so. My best briskets' happened when I did everything by feel and gut, and didn't have the thermometer.

I agree with TexLaw on the holding part. Better done too soon, that to late! Good luck Nick.

Diva Susan, bring him a plate of food tomorrow and he'll never complain again! I know what you mean with 20 hour cooks. This one seems to be on turbo though, flat section of brisket is at 140* already!

Susan Z said:
Ha! Wait until it hits the plateau. You'll be in for a long ride then...

Great idea about feeding the poor fellow. Of course that's what I should have been doing all along!

Jeez I hope I have that good neighbor feature activated....

[-o< 8-[ [-X

Back
Top Bottom