Brisket Flats on the Smoker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary in VA

Head Chef
Started the morning with 100 lbs of brisket flats on the Lang. 15 in all. Just put them in the foil a few minutes ago.

Here they are just before the foil

the one on the upper left of the top rack was 10 lbs by itself. All the others were nice and thick with good fat caps.

Dang that looks good :) I was feeling all warm and fuzzy about the eye im about to throw on the grill.
What am I suppose to say to my belly, when it asks me why I didn't make one of them? :cry:

Mighty fine display. Don't see many nice flats like those at the retail stores around here. Good job.

bigwheel

Those look beautiful. I need to get something on the smoker soon, it's been awhile and I'm feelin the need especially after seeing your post. Thanks for the pics and the inspiration.

Great looking briskets. They're sure to be a hit at the reception. I did a similar smoke using pork butts for my son's wedding. Everyone raved about it. It's much better than the usual fare you get at most wedding receptions.

100.8 lbs of brisket started yesterday morning....
foiled at 170,
brought up to 195-200,
let sit in cambro for 2 hours,
then they went to the bbq fridge to cool down overnight, (the BBQ and Beer fridge is extra cold to speed up cooling process)
just got finished slicing and bagging....
final tally weighed in at 60.25 lbs 59.8% yield
total cost was $307.89 which works out to $5.11 per pound finished product

They're gonna sit in the fridge until Sunday and today is Thursday? Oh boy......... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

dmtky said:
Great job Gary. Where did you find such good flats. Also, how do you reheat them.

Flats came from costco... sometimes I get nice big ones like that. Sometimes they are small. I slice them and bag em then re-heat with a seafood boil pot full of water on a propane burner.

If the brisket is sizable for your smoker, fold a portion of the flat back under the brisket. Great looking briskets. They are sure to be a hit at the reception. I did a similar smoke using pork butts for my son's wedding. Everyone raved about it. It is much better than the usual fare you get at most wedding receptions.

Back
Top Bottom