Brisket, finally!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronbeaux50

Head Chef
Not too many opportunites around here close enough to compete this time of year so briskets kinda go on hold till March when they kick back off.

Then my neighbor comes begging for one for Christmas! Cool. Wanted it cooked today so he can serve it on Christmas day. He shows up last night with a whole eye of round????????

Now there ain't no way I was gonna turn that into pit beef for him to fridge for two days and then re-heat(he said he could not find a brisket??) So I hit the market at 0600 and found a 13lb packer.

It's slaving away now at 250 in the Stumps with oak/hickory/apple wood!

I'm keeping the round for later!

Thanks guys! I fast tracked the brisket by leaving it at 250 for 5 hours and then jacking it to 300 till it got 195 and poked easy.

I wonder if he will miss that small piece???

:LOL: Now that is the first time i've seen a brisket wrapped for X Mas!
When can I expect it's arrival Ron?? ;)

Puff said:
:LOL: Now that is the first time i've seen a brisket wrapped for X Mas!
When can I expect it's arrival Ron?? ;)

Ha!!! Can you just picture this trying to get through the bomb sniffing dogs!! This one got walked across the street 8)

brian j said:
looks good. those stoker/guru do-hickies make low temps cooking easy. i use mine with i make jerky to.

how do you like that stumps? i'm thinking of getting something like that to increase my cooking space. how long can you go w/out refueling?

I normally can go 12 hours on Rancher. But re-fueling is so easy you wouldn't believe it! Just open the hatch and throw in a hand full of charcoal. I kept it running for 4 days when I first got it just so I could practice controlling temps. The lowest I have cooked is 125 but you have to really limit the amount of fuel. It's not really made for cold smoking.

It's gravity feed on the charcoal shoot, which is seperate from the box. No need to open the main door to add fuel!!!

ronbeaux50 said:
Thanks guys! I fast tracked the brisket by leaving it at 250 for 5 hours and then jacking it to 300 till it got 195 and poked easy.

I wonder if he will miss that small piece???

Keep that side down when you hand it over to him! Great job Ron!

Ron Beaux You Da Man!!! That all looks so good!! Show them how it's done Fella!!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom