Brisket and....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oz

Senior Cook
Been soaking up the do's and dont's from here and have been developing my skills. Today menu: Brisket, 3 racks of BBRibs, 3 racks of spares, fatties, ABT's and pork loin preppared 3 different ways. Things turned out very well. I used LWO and LWB exclusively with wooster and mustard. Check it out. www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=wof2bhe.87 ... 0&y=lfx0pa

Man that is a feast! Everything looked great :D

Must be nice to do everything outside too huh? 8)

One was a variation of your apricot/wine/white grape/dried cherryversion. I used craisins, pineapple and a brew of vidalia onion, peach, jalepeno sugar, lemon salsa my wife bought for me. The other was prosciutto, provolone and spinach. I blanched the spinach this time to get enough in to make it worthwhile. Both of them came out well, juicy and good flavor.

Puff, it was 41F here this morning with 80% humidity, but warmed up quickly.
It was a beautiful day to be outside cooking.

You just cooked everything didn't Ya. All you left out was the turkey and the chicken. Maybe tomorrow. :LOL:

It all looked very good by the way. ;)

The peach salas was used in evreything except the brisket. BB's 1 loin roll and half of the spares. The peach/jalepeno comes on first With the LWO finishing it of nicely The glazed spares were sweet though. I will pursue this combination or a mango/pepper glaze next.
I took a picture of my steam fogged glasses to illustrate how moist the Stumps style cookers are. Every time you open the door, this is what you get. The stack also has condensate visible on th inside rim. I never foil with this cooker.

Oz said:
Been soaking up the do's and dont's from here and have been developing my skills. Today menu: Brisket, 3 racks of BBRibs, 3 racks of spares, fatties, ABT's and pork loin preppared 3 different ways. Things turned out very well. I used LWO and LWB exclusively with wooster and mustard. Check it out. www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=wof2bhe.87 ... 0&y=lfx0pa

I don't think you need to soak up anymore do's and dont's Oz!!! Wow, you cooked a heck of a feast as well as cooked it PERFECTLY!!!!! Great job my friend!!! :D

Oz said:
The peach salas was used in evreything except the brisket. BB's 1 loin roll and half of the spares. The peach/jalepeno comes on first With the LWO finishing it of nicely The glazed spares were sweet though. I will pursue this combination or a mango/pepper glaze next.
I took a picture of my steam fogged glasses to illustrate how moist the Stumps style cookers are. Every time you open the door, this is what you get. The stack also has condensate visible on th inside rim. I never foil with this cooker.

Oz, the food looks fantastic. You mentioned Stumps style cookers. Do you have a clone? Would love to see some pictures of your cooker!

Kloset, it's therapy. I work with steel on a daily basis, but much of the time it is not enjoyable. I started the cooker in July -06 after looking at all of the cookers out there. This style cooker is a large capacity rig with a small footprint. They perform well and are consistent. It does not have it's finish paint and I doubt it will for a while. I enjoy working on it as much as I do cooking with it.

Beautiful! I notice you were careful to have all the Wolfe Rub labels in full view. Does Larry pay you for "product placement" like they do in the movies? [smilie=a_goodjobson.gif]

Great looking cook there Oz. Must be nice to have that kinda weather. We are having a heat wave at 34* today.

Back
Top Bottom