Brining Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddog27

Sous Chef
I have a question about brining. After the brining is done, should you wash the brine off of the meat or do you leave the brine on and just let the meat dry? I have heard it recommended both ways. Also what are the benefits of each?

:-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-# :-#

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

ddog27 said:
I have a question about brining. After the brining is done, should you wash the brine off of the meat or do you leave the brine on and just let the meat dry? I have heard it recommended both ways. Also what are the benefits of each?

It's kind of a trial and error type thing. It really depends on your brine, and your taste. A good article on brining can be found at:

http://www.bbq-porch.org/brining00.asp

Good Q!

Jack

I rinse it off, pat it dry, seperate the breast skin from the breast, air dry/ blow dry & rub a little butter or oil on the skin and on the breast meat (under the skin)

Back
Top Bottom