Brazilian Chicken...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Qjuju

Senior Cook
I like chicken... most of us do, but I hope we can agree that by itself it has very little flavor. I was planning to make chicken as I had some frozen and needed something new. Something fresh. I came upon a recipe in The Barbecue Bible called Brazilian Beer Chicken. I had all the ingredients and I had the time. Dinner. Obviously beer is part of the recipe and one of the ideas I liked was that the flavor could be tweaked based on the beer used. Use a pale or lager have a light flavor. Use a dark and have a sweeter more malty flavor. Someone had left a couple bottles of Boston Lager in the fridge and they became the beer for the marinade. Very tasty... but I want to try a dark. I will say up front that I thought I might end up with chicken that absolutely tasted like nothing but beer. Thankfully I was wrong. There was a natural sweetness to the chicken, the garlic and onions came through, and the aroma that popped off the grill when they first went down was intoxicating in a very good way. I hope you can try it and enjoy it... :)

DSC01338.JPG

DSC01339.JPG

DSC01340.JPG

DSC01342.JPG

Great looking chow! I think we need a new rule here ................... no recipe = no more posting! Post the recipe in the recipe section.

:LOL: wasn't sure if I was supposed to post recipe details from books... I will get on it ASAP. :)

That one is from The Barbecue Bible by Steven Raichlen...

It was all about the marinade.

Brazilian Beer Chicken
2 C Beer - your choice
1/2 C Vegetable Oil
1/2 C Dijon Mustard
1 T Paprika
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1 Med Onion
1 Head Garlic
2 Bay Leaves
Kosher Salt to taste

I marinated mine for about 24 hours although I suspect you could up to 2 days.

I like trying new recipes a lot and there are some excellent recipes in that book-- give it a look if you don't already have one.

Back
Top Bottom