Bottom Round

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know you are new to the board but the rule is no pics...no cook.....happy to hear that the pit beef came out good and you like the white sauce.

So if you have say, 1/2 of the beef left over -already sliced and in the fridge. The next day, would you reheat the meat or make the sammies cold?

Captain Morgan said:
ok, here's what's in my file..

BALTIMORE PIT BEEF SANDWICH
Adapted from Big Fat Daddy's
Time: 1 hour, plus 3 hours' to 3 days' marinating

For the rub: ...................DEL for Space.........................

The recipe here will give you eight two-fisted sandwiches. The rub is based on the seasoning mix used at Big Fat Daddy's. Lettuce and tomatoes are optional.

Cappy, what sides would be authenic? Frys, chips, slaw?

Captain Morgan said:
well, probably roasted oriole or raven and crab cakes.

I'll take mine with onion rings!

Cappy,
I passed your "file" along to the guy who owns the Merc. He's looking to do something different on Thursday nights. Think your sammies will hit the nail on the head. Although Oriole are hard to find in these parts but there's no shortage of Ravens :LOL:

Go Cowboys, er, HAWKS 8)

Well snagged a 12 pounder bottom round in the Choice Grade at Tom Thumb for .99. Decided on Carne Guisada..about 5 lbs worth. That meat tricked me in that it tendered up way quicker than I figgered. Swear believe a person coulda grilled some steaks off the tight grained end. It plenty tender but still a little soupy. Trying to reduce it afore it turns to mush. Mighty good flavor. Gonna wrap it up in some flour taurpolians..rice and ranch style beans on the side. Maybe a little salad.

bigwheel

Puff said:
I was going to cook this in the oven, but thanks to the expert's on this board I decided to make pit beef. I'm glad I did!!!
It's a little to done for my taste but still very moist.
The sauce was "Big Bob Gibson's Alabama White Sauce" (Thanks Dog)
The sides are actually (if your cooking a roast in the oven sides) Cheesy potatoes, fresh green beans, and rutabega with butter!

You know the rules bud......no pics......no cook ;)
I'd like to see that, sounds real tasty ;)

Back
Top Bottom