Boneless Sirloin Tip Roast...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Im scoring a couple of sirloin tip roasts today and was planning to WSM them. Plans are to do a salt, pepper rub and stick a bunch of garlic down inside. Gonna use lump with no wood and cook to a rare / med rare..

Any other suggestions ?

I'm doing 5 tip roast and chicken for 100 next on the 10th. I like to do then a little hotter pit temps than normal and take med rare. I have a marinade I mop on.

Jim

jminion said:
I'm doing 5 tip roast and chicken for 100 next on the 10th. I like to do then a little hotter pit temps than normal and take med rare. I have a marinade I mop on.

Jim
Feel like sharing.....

Well. the roasts are on...they were buy one, get one...they had to cut one in half to get me a decent size one...I tried to get him to leave it whole and charge me half, but he wouldnt do it..so I got 2 5lb ones...

Steve McMurtry said:
You better break out the shovel and ice scraper! :(

It was snowing like hell here a few min ago...I dont care. Its my day off and Im cooking. Thinking of doing twice baked potatoes to go with the beef. Im having some buddys over later for cocktails, so I think Im gonna make the chicken/bacon/brn sugar/chipolte pepper things but Im going to smoke them instead of bake them...

I was planning the same, but I now that the wind is blowing and snowing heavy, I'm just gonna use my dutch oven in the oven and fire up the wood stove. And of course mix a few 8)
Enjoy!!!

Steve, Ive got a case of Blue lite out in the snow by the motor home for later. My buddys arent comming over till 10, so Im refraining from having a few for a while, or Ill be a mess by 10..lol

john pen said:
Well. the roasts are on...they were buy one, get one...they had to cut one in half to get me a decent size one...I tried to get him to leave it whole and charge me half, but he wouldnt do it..so I got 2 5lb ones...

Thats a Great pic JP 8)
Remember to slice as thin as you can when you serve them.

Ive got a deli slice in the basement Im reserecting today. Its an old one that my inlaws left here when they moved over twenty years ago. Hopefully Ill get it fired up in time to use today...

john pen said:
Ive got a deli slice in the basement Im reserecting today. Its an old one that my inlaws left here when they moved over twenty years ago. Hopefully Ill get it fired up in time to use today...

If it doesn't work a real sharp knife will do! Cut it on a bias against the grain paper thin for maximum tenderness!!

Back
Top Bottom