Bold Chuck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cflatt

Sous Chef
Well, I pulled a small chuck outa the freezer yesterday. Had a little concern about how tender it might be when it finally thawed. It just had that feel. Covered it in Wolfe Bold and put it on. Cooked it like I always do, even let it go slightly longer since it just didnt "feel" right when I pulled the temp probe. Finally wrapped it up tight and let it rest for about an hour and a half. I could barely get a fork in it. It was the toughest piece of meat I have had in years. I sliced off a bit to check the flavor. My daughter and I both loved the flavor the bold gave it..but I dont think the market will be there for Bold Chuck chewing gum. I have to go pick up another chuck so we can actually enjoy it this time. Great flavors Larry, thanks for the sample. I'll use some more this weekend. but this one...well it was just a waste of good rub and a few pounds of lump.

Curtis it sure looked good, sorry it was inedible. Throw it in the crock pot for a day!

It looked great and had a wonderful flavor. But someone chased that poor thing around the ridge too many times. I dont think a good ole Irish boil would've made it tender.

cflatt said:
It looked great and had a wonderful flavor. But someone chased that poor thing around the ridge too many times. I dont think a good ole Irish boil would've made it tender.

That is indeed a shame Curtis.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom