Boiled ribs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well not sure why but I plumb missed this jurination contest. Now my Mama always taught me "The proof of the pudding is in the eating." Meaning if somebody can make boiled ribs mo betta than cooking them on the pit..I will eat the boiled ones just fine. This reminds me of some of the brawls we had on Dave Linebacks old list. Them NC folk tend to be process oriented whilst Texicans tend toward the results oriented side of the equation..or at least the majority of them I know. Sure we got some anal retentive types too..in fact think I know a few of em:) My old bohunk pal from Owenaville say to make bbq you got burn Live Oak to coals then feed it with quartered live oak limbs laid on the coals bark side down...must be cooked direct of course. No water pans at his house. He sure makes good bbq. Afeered anybody accuse him of boiling ribs would get biotch slapped.

bigwheel

smokinbill said:
As far as I know you can still get sugar in your cola and if you got the money, cream in your ice cream.

As well I don't remember anyone in the video declare that they were the last stop authority on making barbecued ribs.

It's not about barbecue, it's not about low and slow or how a working man slaves over a fire pit to bring glory to a lowly piece a pig.

It is, and you are correct about this; it is about freedom of speech, and freedom of expression.

Why would the lady be any less free then you to express herself by boiling the ribs?

There is no correct answer when it come to food and eating.

What's even stranger is she didn't even post here, she asked for a link is all.

A simply no thank you would have sufficed.

No thank you...

but while we are at it. I find it interesting that you are interested in her free speech and your free speech, but we are supposed to stand quietly by. We are the ones that are correct. That isn't barbecue and all the sauce in the world won't make it so.

You certainly couldn't take your fingers out of ears long enough to hear what I, or a dozen others, were trying to say, but I will say you were dead on about one thing. "There is no correct answer when it come to food and eating." I believe that is a direct quote. What you forgot to add was there is also no accounting for taste. So please feel free to enjoy flavorless grey boiled mushy ribs painted up like a corpse in a casket with a red sticky sauce. Just don't call it barbecue in the presence of those that know better. While free speech may give one the rite to speak one's mind, it certainly does not preclude one from being told how truly wrong they are.

I'm through with this... you obviously don't care and just want to sell some sugary sauce or some other agenda that hasn't become clear in your what, 6 posts... ooops 5, now.

Good day to you sir...

Mine be pendin approval to, doubt it'll ever happen, she don't wan't no bad comments, only good un's, stack the deck in her own favor, ya can't rate it niether.

Maybe flag it!

Hillbilly said:
Mine be pendin approval to, doubt it'll ever happen, she don't wan't no bad comments, only good un's, stack the deck in her own favor, ya can't rate it niether.

Maybe flag it!
So much for an advocate for Free speech...It's allowed as long as she likes it....

You might not be her but you still need to learn about BBQ if you want to argue about it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom