Block Party Hopefully

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
Tomorrow is our 2nd annual block party. I went and bought 40 lbs. of butt - shy of 30lbs of brisket (2) and 11lbs of chicken tenders + wife got big pack of dawgs from Sam's Club. Ill post pics in a bit. Im busier than $hi*. New Keg of Rollin Rock!

Sounds like a great time. But hay, ever note that on these things only a few do all the work? ;) Kind of like Bro Jack and I down at camp. :roll: Had a chick bring us a box of veggie burgers last weekend wanted them cooked, till she saw all the pork grease in the pits. :LOL:
Have a good time!

Pigs

dollarbill looking forward to hearing how the block party turned out. Hope you have time to take some pix.......ahhhh Rolling Rock!!!

8)

Sounds like a lot of good food coming up DB. Pigs hit the nail on the head, it's always a few that do the work of many.

Ya I know few work hard at it but its fun so far for me. I do ALL of the cooking but I dont mind. HEre are some starter pics I just took this morning. 2 briskets - 5 butts on 18 and 22 WSM's .

First mop/ glazing
img_195443_0_056ff267359d9450ee98acd60af1e0fb.jpg

Heres 2 butts on top of the 18, theres 2 under as well.

img_195443_1_47b25b92acd3cb8138c555e123fd2fc1.jpg

Captain Morgan said:
summertime fun! what is that baste you're using?

Dr. BBQ Big Time sauce!

iTS COMMIN ALONG WERE ALMOST ALL SET UP ill try like hell to get pics up as soon as I have a break....sorry for the caps.

Now that looks a set up for some serious eating. It looks like the food is sure to be a hit. Can't wait for some finished pics.

Have a great party.:D

DBill, yur not in Maine, are ya? :LOL: ? Man, we've had more rain up here than anyone can remember. No summer so to speak..hell, it's rainin now. Can't remember the last time we had 3 dry days in a row...wish we could send it to TEXAS!!!
But, I digress. Yur party looks like a fun time, rain r not, and yur butts are coming along nicely!! Hope it cleared up.
dj

dollarbill said:
Its pourin rain.... I cant tell you how pissed I am...Ill update again later.

Well it rained for awhile then cleared up for a few hours. The whole party came to life then it started pouring again and evryone started leavin'. Overall not bad considering the rain. I got quite a few compliments on the food from people I didnt even know. Everyone who was here had a great time! We had a few less people than last year. I didnt get pics of all the good food that was on the table cause Im an Idiot :). Heres some pics.

img_195549_0_f0d96474cacc3cffb688b9c12e4222ee.jpg

water balloon toss -
img_195549_1_4802a244643c7076d2296c9a9cbda9b9.jpg

img_195549_2_18534bd594b3d90edf25d9a267f2ac80.jpg

img_195549_3_940c619c037e56dade4cd4f951f73300.jpg

I cant wait for next year. :D

Well glad it cleared up for yall. Now that is sort of an odd juxtaposition of the young man in the white shirt and the bent over palm tree. There for a min I thought he had a giant brown pizzle with some huge green human papaloeum virii attached to the end. Would suspect a person gotta watch them kinda things to make a living in the camera photographica bizness:)

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well glad it cleared up for yall. Now that is sort of an odd juxtaposition of the young man in the white shirt and the bent over palm tree. There for a min I thought he had a giant brown pizzle with some huge green human papaloeum virii attached to the end. Would suspect a person gotta watch them kinda things to make a living in the camera photographica bizness:)

bigwheel
ROFL!
DB looked a real fine time ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom