Birthday Smoke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toby Keil

Executive Chef
t.com/albums/ww234/TOtobewsm/03_Chicken.jpg[/IMG]

Ribs are done
img_229025_0_d3fc7df755280b912f47ecf810a54947.jpg

My asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday and the answer was simple, SMOKE! So I went to the store and picked up a rack of beef ribs, pork spare ribs and a whole chicken. Everything was on sale, the beef ribs were $4.23, spares were $7.86 and the chicken was a whopping $4.80. Got the smoker started around 2ish and ran it at 225 degrees. Although I was battling the winds all day in SoCali, everything turned out great. Along with the meat, my lovely wife made homemade scalloped potatoes and my daughter made me a homemade birthday cake. The best part of the day was finding out my wife bought me a new Chaney grill. It’s going to be delivered next week. I guess turning 51 isn’t so bad after all :)

Beef Ribs
img_229025_1_ddfd77ca22db423bce20f7db9f353339.jpg

Spares
img_229025_2_defab7f7023dc03b36e7af8206ecb5fc.jpg

Chicken
http://i723.photobucke
Chicken is done
[img]http://www.bbq-4-u.com/attachments/photobucket/img_229025_3_e35de871760be1bb76b297208c49c37c.jpg

My cake my daughter made and a picture of the new grill.
img_229025_4_17d9bbc1fee09bef79b5a051ccec3e2b.jpg

img_229025_5_aacd4435cee0dda6ef6f339786d56914.png

Happy b-day Toby! Great way to spend the day and what a wonderful b-day present. The Chaney grills look fun use. Looking forward to your posts to come.

Happy Birthday Toby, the food all looks great and I know you will be happy with the Chaney. Here are a couple shots of the extras recommended to me by Tri Tip when I got my Chaney.

Outstanding. Tell Lawton (Chaney's first name) hello from Mike. You'll love the grill. Get the paint out of the inside, make a charcoal basket like Buzz’s picture. It will keep the coal off the sides, also put a piece of sheet metal in the bottom t catch the grease and ash. Chaney uses foil but it burns through especially with lump.

bbquzz said:
Happy Birthday Toby, the food all looks great and I know you will be happy with the Chaney. Here are a couple shots of the extras recommended to me by Tri Tip when I got my Chaney.

Hey Buzz, can you give me the dimensions of the charcoal basket and the ash catcher? I'll try and find someplace I can have them made. I'll print up your pics as reference.

Thanks so much.

Toby keil said:
bbquzz said:

Hey Buzz, can you give me the dimensions of the charcoal basket and the ash catcher? I'll try and find someplace I can have them made. I'll print up your pics as reference.

Thanks so much.

Chaney can make you the basket. Buzz had his made out there cause we shipped the drum to Ohio and wanted to save cost. I picked up a piece of sheet metal and had em cut it and roll it. It was $18 dollars at a local metal shop. Chaney made me the charcoal basket for $50.

I'll bet Mike is right Lawton can make both for you, my problem was I had everything shipped so I had the extra pieces built here to save freight. My Chaney is stored in Northern Michigan for the winter so I can't give you measurements, but Lawton will know or Mike will tell him what you need. I'll be anxious to see some pictures.

Back
Top Bottom