Birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
My son turns 18 on Sunday. He asked if he could have a few friends over Saturday night and would I cook some pulled pork for them. That's what makes this all worthwhile, your kids asking to cook for them and their friends. So I threw 2 shoulders on tonight and gonna do some ribs tomorrow.
Grate temp. 225, dome 250. Meat holding steady at 140*

The one on the left is rubbed with Wolfe Bold and the one on the right is rubbed with my own mix.

They have been on since 4:00. One was 8 1/2 and the other 8 pounds.

Nick's hawking rub now :LOL:

I'm sure your cook will turn out great. Have fun a the Birthday Party :!:

Happy Birthday to your son.
Saturday is also my Grandson who turns 18.
He has been living with us for 3 years, great kid, Grandma does a great job. Going out to have a Greek food and belly dancing.

Jim

Well one is ready, the other has a little longer to go.

The one with the Wolfe Rub Bold is wrapped and resting. I had a little treat that got stuck to the grate. Larry, this is great on pork!

Thanks Nick glad you like it!!! I had a couple customers use it on spares and loved it as well. I guess I'll need to try it on a butt soon!!

Thats great how food can bring a family together. My middle daughter got an apartment about a month ago and her and all her friends are always here seeing what we've cooked and looking for samples.

Well shoulders are wrapped and resting so time to add the ribs. I did a hot dump to make room for more ashes and stoked the fire back to life!

All three racks are rubbed with my rub (no it's not ever gonna be for sale) I'll foil them in about 3 hours.

Back
Top Bottom