BigWheel do you know anything about this.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jminion1

Sous Chef
style of TX hot sausage?

Anyone know what I'm talking about?...it's different than reg. sausage...more "loose" is the only way I can describe it....I grew up eating 'em at places like Patillo's BBQ, Broussards links and ribs, Gerards BBQ,in Beaumont Tx., also had some pretty good ones at Leons in Galveston....
Anyway ,the way I always had 'em ,they were smoked, topped with a spicy thin tomato based sauce and served with white bread. YOu needed the bread because they were ussually greasy....but delicious!! Most of the ones I've had ,you don't eat the casing it's kinda tough, so you mash the meat out or cut it open and get it out,kinda like boudain..this ain't your every day hot links I'm talking about this is very regional and I've never seen them anywhere but the Beaumont,Port Arthur, Galveston,Houston areas
Jim

Hey Jim...nopers aint never tried any of them sausages your speaking of that I can recall. Course I aint really whut could be called a world traveler. Been to Beaumont once for a week of training but didn't bump into any regional delicacies. Fact is I aint never even been to Jouston or Galveston. Guess I need to get out and about a little mo often:)

bigwheel

Greg Rempe said:
How dare you mention another forum, Cliff...why I outta!! :LOL:

Hey, he did say a TX style of sausage. :LOL:

Anyways since BW had no advice, I have no regrets. :D

ps. I am from Jasper Tx which is sixty miles North of Beaumont and I am only familiar with regular Hot Links. ;)

Back
Top Bottom