Big brisket overniter...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Just put a big brisket on the WSM for an overnighter....Planning on serving tommarrow eveing for some buddies after a bowling benifet..
I had to cut 1/4 of it off so it would fit..I prob should've used two racks, but..

Time to drag the big smoker out of the weeds and do a big batch of ABT's and another of these big briskets !

erik said:
The butcher shop had brisket for $1.99 today.

Can't wait to see yours when it's done!

$1.89 at the grocery store by Witt...Or as we like to call it, the brisket store..

ScottyDaQ said:
Wow! What did that weigh in at?

17.5 lbs....

Cliff..I just pulled it off and its wrapped and resting. First impression is that the side closest to the outside rim is dry, but the side closest to the bigger chunk seems normal..we'll know around noon when I pull it and slice it...

John,

In all honesty,

If I had been faced with the same challenge I would have done one of two things. Either fold the flat under until it shrank a bit or seperated the flat from the point and smoked them on two racks.

Just my .02 I still want to know how it comes out. :D

Cliff H. said:
John,

In all honesty,

If I had been faced with the same challenge I would have done one of two things. Either fold the flat under until it shrank a bit or seperated the flat from the point and smoked them on two racks.

Just my .02 I still want to know how it comes out. :D

Yep, I would definetly do it different the next time. I think even just putting the smaller piece on the lower rack would've worked too. As far as folding it, even after it was cooked I dont think i still would've fit..I should'a pulled the offset out..

And the finished product...The bigger part is very good..the small part was a little dry by tender...

007bond-jb said:
Looks juicy good to me John. Whats Witt up too today
I didn't get an invite :cry:
John next time think about seperatiing the point and the flat before you cook on that big on the WSM. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom