Big Bird meets Charlie and his brother Chuck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
Haven't had the smoker going in a couple of weeks and I could always use a little more freezer stock so I decided to do a turkey breast and a couple of chucks. I figured the turkey would be great foe sammies for lunch this week and hey, you can never have too much chuck! I'm also gonna be doing some Alasken King Crab legs for dinner. Should be pretty interesting .........surf and turf and turf.
Here's a couple of pictures to get us started!

The turkey was brined in Larry's recipe for a simple brine with orange peel added. It was then rubbed down with fresh cracked pepper under the skin and some of Mrs. Dash original over the skin and inside. I eliminated the salt figureing the brine would handle that (and some of my split pea soup). The chucks were rubbed down with a combo of Big Rons heat and regular.

Sounds like a good plan for dinner...Can't wait to see the pics. Alasken King Crab legs for dinner ??? Did someone win the lottery ?

john pen said:
Sounds like a good plan for dinner...Can't wait to see the pics. Alasken King Crab legs for dinner ??? Did someone win the lottery ?

I was at Costco yesterday and just couldn't resist! You have to treat yourself every now and then.

Captain Morgan said:
how much did you pay for the chucks?
[quote="Nick Prochilo":2gvoodrz]$2.07 per pound
[/quote:2gvoodrz]
When I got mine for $1.69 yesterday, I almost put two in the cart, but then I figured I was already spending more than enough for something that wasn't on the list. Now I'm kicking myself for being so damned miserly. :(

--John

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":3vm7gnhu]Dinner is over! We saved the chuck for another night!

How was the turkey with the brine?[/quote:3vm7gnhu]

Excellent! Nice and moist! Nice & simple! Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom