Big Apple BBQ event.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chiles

Senior Cook
All,
I'm in MANHATTAN!

My crew (Proclamation Stew Crew - run by John Clary) was invited up to cook Brunswick stew for the Big Apple BBQ Festival. You should see all the different smokers here. I'm taking notes since this is my first big event. If anyone is the area, stop by and say hello. We are set up on 26th and Maddison under the VT banners and are called the Proclamation Stew Crew. We are cooking 600 quarts of stew per day to feed the masses, but there must be 20 different BBQ pits as well.

Pics to come.

Chiles

Wow! That is alot of the best stew on earth! I wish I lived closer!
What kind of pots are you guys using?

Chiles... I was there until 9 PM last nite... musta been blinded from rubbing all the ribs, as I did not notice you guys when I walked by... I'm over at 17th St Bar and Grill site.. Stop on over to say hello when you have time.. I'll certanily do the same.. I'll be there by 11am

Bob

First, let me tell you how great NY is and that I cannot wait to go back. I'm not exited about driving my truck and trailor down 2nd Avenue and then parking during the day, but that was the only thing that worried me.

The stew came out great. 1200 quarts in total cooked. I have no idea how much the money was raised for Maddison Square Park. The other rigs I saw were incredible. Two story jobs with places to hang out up top, fancy logo's and nice lines showing the support from the locals. I saw a lot of wood, hickory and white oak.

We have three cameras full of pictures. I'm hoping to get them rounded up soon. NY is full of BBQ and Stew loving folks. They just talk a little funny :)

Bob,
It was great meeting you and the rest of the crew from 17th Street (Memphis). You are top notch and I can't wait to run into you again. Hopefully next year if we get invited back. I think NY likes stew.

Here is a link to some pics I found on the web. I met all the folks in these pictures and had a blast.

Here is a pic of my buddy Tim and two of our NY City helpers stirring our 90 gallon pot. It started at in the am with 200 lbs of Chicken.

538073437_0c1b11b2f7.jpg

This is me getting interviewed. Good thing my cooking is better then my looks.

538028709_78de204fa2.jpg

537829558_2e31566fcc.jpg

More of the Proclamation Stew Crew

Here is a link to the rest of the pictures of TONS and I mean litteraly TONS of great Q.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/bigapplebbq07/

Chiles

Chiles. it was an absolute pleasure to meet you and your buddies... and that stew was great !!! cant wait for next year 8) maybe I'll slow down on the red wine so I can carry on a decent conversaation with ya next year :shock: lol

$5.00 for a premium beer here in NY is standard fare.... Happy Hour prices might be as much as half off..... in Manhattan, $5.00 is a great price for a premium beer

Bobberqer said:
$5.00 for a premium beer here in NY is standard fare.... Happy Hour prices might be as much as half off..... in Manhattan, $5.00 is a great price for a premium beer

Man, your not lying! Thats freakin cheap!

Back
Top Bottom