Best way to reheat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
Ok Ive got this brisket now I need to reheat it. What s the best way to reheat without screwin it all. Thanks for the help. I know it has been a redundant question here but I cant find the threads about it. thanks.

Foil pan......sliced flat chopped the rest. wich reminds me i gotta take some pics.

I used a small amout of cherry wood but no smoke ring.

Well my neighbor said she wants the brisket cold and shell reheat but Id still like to hear how you all do it. thanks.

Well if you juiced it up and finished in foil as is the custom of some its a real easy task. You just defat the leftover juice and either freeze it or keep it cold. On D-day you slice the brisket and reassemble with all sides touching where they came from in a Sams pan. Take the leftover drippings which should now resembel jello and mix it with enough water to cover the brisket up to the bottom of the smoke ring. Cover the pan with foil and reheat on the pit oven etc. till it hits 160 under the foil. If you cooked it nekked slice it up as above but use some black coffee wooster and REAL unsalty beef broth and continueth like as if you had drippings to work with. Stray pieces make chopped moistened up with some of the sop in question. Let em sauce it themselves. Hope this helps. Its how Big Dave taught me to do it and it worked great on a 300 head cater.

bigwheel

Thanks BW. Ill print that off and use it for future reference!

I still have to try makin that Carne Guisada recipe you sent to me, and as I recall, you even waved the shipping and handling charges. ;)

Dollar................;}-

As asked, how did you save them? If in vacume, boil it; if wrapped in foil or plastic,Oven @ 225*F.
I get over anxious and tend to zapp them in the Micro. ,but it still has a nicer look and taste better than the comercial stuff .
Be sure to save some of the cooking liquids for re-heating. catch pan.

Re: Dollar................;}-

bbqfans said:
As asked, how did you save them? If in vacume, boil it; if wrapped in foil or plastic,Oven @ 225*F.
I get over anxious and tend to zapp them in the Micro. ,but it still has a nicer look and taste better than the comercial stuff .

It was in a foil pan. Since Ive asked the question ive done a few cooks (with pp) and have had great success in the oven at roughly 250* after being sprayed with apple juice. Ill be pretty comfortable now doin a brisket.

Re: Dollar................;}-

bbqfans said:

If I am just rewarming a little I'll put the brisket in a zip lock sealed most of the way and warm it up in the microwave that way.

Back
Top Bottom