beer & BBQ practice frozen few

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

woodman3222

Senior Cook
Did this on Sat 11/24. Started at 3 am friday. Did 2 butts and 2 rack of ribs. My picture taker was enjoying the beer so I did not get picture of the bbq when done. Just the one when I was pulling the pork.

I wish you were my neighbor, I would have bought cheap beer for you guys and drank your good beer!

It’s a fun day. It is a Saturday after thanksgiving tradition. Started out with 3 guys just drinking and cooking. Usually some kind of beef. Like steak. The wives would go shopping. The girls used to get home about 10 or 11 at night. 3 years ago a friend of mine gave me the smoker and I started bbq’ing Now I got 18 people and the wives are back by 6. It used to be the three of us liked the porters and the stouts. Now we have15 of the 18 drinking the dark stuff. Boy did they eat. I had 16 pounds of butts 2 racks of baby back ribs. 6 pies. Someone brought 120 shrimp to gnaw on before hand, plus other snacks. I only have one pound of pulled pork left and 6 slices of pie. Everything was else was gone. I love sharing the bbq but I got to work on this beer thing.

Larry Wolfe said:
I wish you were my neighbor, I would have bought cheap beer for you guys and drank your good beer!

It has been a tradition when I go to the beer store I have to get one bottle of the cheapest beer I can find. The yellow labeled beer on the right is from Russia a lager beer 89cents a bottle. It actually was pretty good for a mild beer.

woodman3222 said:
Larry Wolfe said:

It has been a tradition when I go to the beer store I have to get one bottle of the cheapest beer I can find. The yellow labeled beer on the right is from Russia a lager beer 89cents a bottle. It actually was pretty good for a mild beer.

Don't believe Larry, he couldn't handle a real beer! That was a nice looking selection of beer!

Larry Wolfe said:

Larry, you need to give me some of your cheap beer. I'm almost out of my Turkey Day beer. I'm taking donations at this point.

Greg Rempe said:
Not even one Budweiser....TREASON!! :shock: :D

Looks like you had a great time!!

I have to agree with GR this time, Why aint the beers in the frig? I don't drink no hot pops

I used to think drinking was bad for me
so I gave up thinking :LOL:

007bond-jb said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":3a21hz0l]Not even one Budweiser....TREASON!! :shock: :D

I have to agree with GR this time, Why aint the beers in the frig? I don't drink no hot pops

so I gave up thinking :LOL:[/quote:3a21hz0l]

Up here, come the end of november, we have a big frig..Its called "outside" !

john pen said:
[quote="007bond-jb":3avtp4ir][quote="Greg Rempe":3avtp4ir]Not even one Budweiser....TREASON!! :shock: :D

so I gave up thinking :LOL:[/quote:3avtp4ir]

Up here, come the end of november, we have a big frig..Its called "outside" ![/quote:3avtp4ir]

You got that right. I think the high temp was 35 degrees that day. I had to bring the beers inside to get the correct temp. Some of the people had never drank a warmer beer. So we did a test. Yes that is correct a test with beer. See learning can be fun. Had the beer served at 40 degrees and then had the same beer served at 55 degrees. The ales taste so much better. It just brings out more of the flavors in the beer. The people that doubted me were very surprised at this. If you do the same with a lager style beer it will not taste as good warmer. That’s why a Bud, Miller, Blue all taste better Ice cold. The ales like a porter or stout taste better a little warm.

woodman3222 said:
john pen said:
[quote="007bond-jb":f8zgsbwr][quote="Greg Rempe":f8zgsbwr]Not even one Budweiser....TREASON!! :shock: :D

so I gave up thinking :LOL:

Up here, come the end of november, we have a big frig..Its called "outside" ![/quote:f8zgsbwr]

You got that right. I think the high temp was 35 degrees that day. I had to bring the beers inside to get the correct temp. Some of the people had never drank a warmer beer. So we did a test. Yes that is correct a test with beer. See learning can be fun. Had the beer served at 40 degrees and then had the same beer served at 55 degrees. The ales taste so much better. It just brings out more of the flavors in the beer. The people that doubted me were very surprised at this. If you do the same with a lager style beer it will not taste as good warmer. That’s why a Bud, Miller, Blue all taste better Ice cold. The ales like a porter or stout taste better a little warm.[/quote:f8zgsbwr]Can I come next year?

Back
Top Bottom