Beef round tip roast cap off usda choice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MI Smoke

Senior Cook
Any tips on what to do with a beef round tip roast cap? I picked one up at Costco.
Reverse sear? garlic, pepper, salt? Temp?
Thanks ;)

If you have a rotisserie us that, if not do a reverse sear.

I also like to stud my roasts with garlic but since you are only going to cook the roast for a short time you won't benefit much from using whole cloves. What I like to do is crush some whole cloves of garlic and some whole peppercorns and sometimes some red pepper flakes added in a mortar and pestle and then stud the roast with that mix. I also like to use just salt and pepper for seasoning it and try and slice it as thin as you can, it makes killer sammies.

Vermin999 said:
If you have a rotisserie us that, if not do a reverse sear.

I also like to stud my roasts with garlic but since you are only going to cook the roast for a short time you won't benefit much from using whole cloves. What I like to do is crush some whole cloves of garlic and some whole peppercorns and sometimes some red pepper flakes added in a mortar and pestle and then stud the roast with that mix. I also like to use just salt and pepper for seasoning it and try and slice it as thin as you can, it makes killer sammies.

So treat it like a eye of the round? Is it more or less tender than the eye?

Thanks Vermin

Back
Top Bottom