Beef Roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Larry, did you end up braising them in that pan for a while? There's a lot of juice in there.

The Joker said:
Larry, did you end up braising them in that pan for a while? There's a lot of juice in there.

No. I actually foiled the pan for them to rest vs. foiling the individual roasts.

WalterSC said:
Larry Wolfe said:
WalterSC said:
ScottyDaQ said:
What kind of roast ? like...the cut.

Its a chuck cut!!

Walter you're gonna love it!! Cook in the smoke until it's in the 160-165 range and then foil. Continue to cook until internal temp is between 200-205, then let it rest for at least 2 hours before pulling. The texture of chuck is a bit stringy so you may have to cut some of the strands into smaller pieces.

Well did a coat of mustard and Wolfe rub tonight covered with foil till tomorrow will post pics while on grill and after done tommrow evening, wish me luck!!

WalterSC said:
WalterSC said:
Larry Wolfe said:
WalterSC said:
ScottyDaQ said:
What kind of roast ? like...the cut.

Its a chuck cut!!

Walter you're gonna love it!! Cook in the smoke until it's in the 160-165 range and then foil. Continue to cook until internal temp is between 200-205, then let it rest for at least 2 hours before pulling. The texture of chuck is a bit stringy so you may have to cut some of the strands into smaller pieces.

Well did a coat of mustard and Wolfe rub tonight covered with foil till tomorrow will post pics while on grill and after done tommrow evening, wish me luck!!

Wake up Cleaver Boy and give us an update! :eek:

Well did a coat of mustard and Wolfe rub tonight covered with foil till tomorrow will post pics while on grill and after done tommrow evening, wish me luck!![/quote]

Wake up Cleaver Boy and give us an update! :eek:[/quote]

Give me a break just getting up here , did the pre coating as I said above last night , probably wont start smokeing till noon or 1PM my time . I do have pics of last nught before and after but will save up for the pics on the grill and done !! Am off to move the smoker under the lean to in case it rains . Thats it for now saty tuned!!! Anyone wann help em post the pics sing out , my techo skills leave something to be desired !!

WalterSC said:

Wake up Cleaver Boy and give us an update! :eek:[/quote]

Give me a break just getting up here , did the pre coating as I said above last night , probably wont start smokeing till noon or 1PM my time . I do have pics of last nught before and after but will save up for the pics on the grill and done !! Am off to move the smoker under the lean to in case it rains . Thats it for now saty tuned!!! Anyone wann help em post the pics sing out , my techo skills leave something to be desired !![/quote]
Sounds like we need to fire that boy. :)

Finney said:
WalterSC said:

Wake up Cleaver Boy and give us an update! :eek:

Give me a break just getting up here , did the pre coating as I said above last night , probably wont start smokeing till noon or 1PM my time . I do have pics of last nught before and after but will save up for the pics on the grill and done !! Am off to move the smoker under the lean to in case it rains . Thats it for now saty tuned!!! Anyone wann help em post the pics sing out , my techo skills leave something to be desired !![/quote]
Sounds like we need to fire that boy. :)[/quote]

No kidding, I'm not liking Cleaver Boys attitude here lately! He's part of a winning BBQ Team and decides to yell and treat us like the garbage underachievers we are, that's just not right! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom