Beef ribs for dinner ?/ pics of progress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wittdog said:
Green Hornet said:
Then about the last hour or so I add the flavoring wood like Orange or the Oak or Hicorky.

hmmm, orange sounds interesting. We'll have to see if we can find some (maybe online?). Orange trees are a bit scarce in NY....

Buford has a couple of hotter spots on the grate but Dave has them all figured out, and it doesn't seem to be a signficant difference where we have to really move things around during the cook.

oops--that was me, not dave, I didn't log myself in when I went online.

Beef Ribs before the rub

Beef Ribs rubbed the ones on the left are a mephis style rub the right are s&p garlic and onion poweder

The missus was nice enough to prep the subatomic elephant turds last night.

All wrapped up and ready to go

Ribs on Buford

Potatoes ready to go we didn’t have any premade onion soup mix so I added some onion powder and dehydrated onions to some beef stock the potatoes will be wrapped in foil.

The Joker said:
Those are some monster ribs! You plan on wrapping the turds?
Sorry I was refering to wrapping the turds in bacon...I will foil the potatoes. Ribs 2.5 hrs in and the first batch of SAET on.

Getting back to the fire management that was discussed earlier in the thread (I know it is kind of hard to see but) that little pile of coals is all I need on a nice day to get my pit in the 225-230* range. When I add wood I leave the lid of the fire box open until the log catches fire good and then close the lid. (That way I don’t have to deal with “new smokeâ€

Ribs are coming along but I only used one oak log....I pulled a small piece off one of the ends and they are not very smokey. I am thinking about tossing on another oak log.......Any one have any thoughts..... :HAT:

First batch of SAET are done and the ribs are coming along nicely.

The second batch of SAET are on along with the stuffed shromms.

wittdog, those shrooms look like something my wife would love. do you have a recipe you use ? do you cook them for a specific amount of time or till they look done ?
as for me, I will cook them....but eating them is against my own rule..never eat anything that closely related to jock itch :)

cflatt said:
wittdog, those shrooms look like something my wife would love. do you have a recipe you use ? do you cook them for a specific amount of time or till they look done ?
as for me, I will cook them....but eating them is against my own rule..never eat anything that closely related to jock itch :)
I got them from the store allready stuffed. :) I typically do them on the grill this is the first time on Buford...I usually cook'em till they look done they don't typically take long on the grill I've figure they are going to take quite a bit longer at the lower temps.....

I understand...and yes I do eat yogurt. Its just something my brother (squint on here) say to get out of eating mushrooms

cflatt said:
I understand...and yes I do eat yogurt. Its just something my brother (squint on here) say to get out of eating mushrooms
:lmao: :lmao:
I had to delete the last part of my question becuase I didn't feel like having another one of my threads locked/deleted. :grin:

brian j said:
looks good dog. what's in the saet's?
Basiclly they are an ABT but instead of a jap they are nana peppers. The stuffing is cream cheesse, garlic & onion powder, cheddar cheese and left over pulled pork. I usually put chives in as well but we must not have had any when the wife stuffed them...The took 2 pieces of bacon to wrap. Ya got to love that...

Well it is beginning to look like WDB may be finishing this cook...At the very least she will need to take the plate of food pic........

here's a pic of the finished product:

Hope I did the pic link right-- if not hubby will fix it later.

The mushrooms were great-- I love mushrooms :!:

Not too sure about the beef ribs, personally. They were plenty tender, but they were pretty... beefy tasting. Maybe I'm just accustomed to pork ribs? But I will definitely be eating more later.

The monster ABT's were good.

Ribs look great. Did beef ribs once the ribs had a little meat on them. I really like them. Would love to find some good beef ribs to try.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom