Beef Ribs & Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Getting going after a bad end of 2007. We bought a 24lb turkey for Christmas and took it out of the freezer 3 days before hand. It needed at least 5 days. It was still pretty solid by Christmas morning. I had to almost chop out the neck, giazzard and gibblets. I let it soak in warm water trying to hurry it up. I told the wife that 12 or 14 lb would be plenty, but she wanted the leftovers. It was so big I had to take the rack out of the double barrel smoker, big mistake. I should have put a pan under it but did not. About 2 hours into it my Dad says "Hey...is yer cooker supposed to be doing that?" I looked out onto the porch and saw the juices had run out of the top cooker onto the top of the burn barrel and ignited. It pretty much melted my remote, Grill Alert, thermometer. I doused it with a lot of water and was able to save the day! I also did the Prime Rib roast on the Weber and it was too rare for most of the gueats. Man-o-man was that a rough day in the smoke ;)
I now have a new Maverick remote and finished this up without any problems from the Fire Department. :D
Chickie done and out the door.

My daughter got us one of the Magic Bullet grinder thingys. and I used it to make some spinach stuffed mushrooms.

Beef ribs turned out tatstey enuff!

Boy, GH. You had a Holiday worth forgetting didn't you.

I am glad you recovered and I hope that you learned a great lesson in Turkey sizing. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom