Beef ribs and bolagna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronbeaux50

Head Chef
Looks like a good weekend coming up!!

I'm starting out today with some beef ribs and a slab of bolagna
img_148846_0_4186053494c1427f28c4fd7b735bf6ff.jpg

Also picked up a turkey breast, cornish hens, a chicken, some fatties, and lot's of tuna steaks for days of cooking enjoyment!

Sounds like you're ready for some serious eating. The beef ribs I see in the store aren't that meaty - are these something other than just a separated slab of beef ribs? Thanks

WoW RB, I'm going to have to try to make the ribs like that. They look great and ready to be eaten!!! Good Job!!! :D

Stogie said:
Hey Ronbeaux!

I been smoking bologna for the last 8 or 9 years after my friend Buster from Boggy Pond BBQ Brigade showed me how while down at an MIM contest.

It is a rather elaborate procedure as it includes coring out holes to place the sauce in.

For many years I competed in a local rib contest called the Roots of Soul. I was a huge hit with this bologna and for all those years folks would gather round my site to watch the bologna man work his magic on that big hunk of bologna! LOL

I have always claimed, much of the fun of BBQ for me is the "show"

Here's to some great memories!!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8da30b3127cceb72a2c690de800000016100JcMWLVw2Yq

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b8da30b3127cceb72a2c688cd900000016100JcMWLVw2Yq

I like that!! I've seen it stuffed with a bunch of different stuff. I don't do it that often cause I'm the only one around my house that will eat it. This one was 1.66 lbs and should make for a few good sammiches.

big dude said:
Sounds like you're ready for some serious eating. The beef ribs I see in the store aren't that meaty - are these something other than just a separated slab of beef ribs? Thanks

Hey Ron

big dude said:
[quote="big dude":2fntc97k]Sounds like you're ready for some serious eating. The beef ribs I see in the store aren't that meaty - are these something other than just a separated slab of beef ribs? Thanks

Hey Ron[/quote:2fntc97k]

They came that way already cut up and were on a super cheap sale. Each rib yielded only a few good bites of meat, unless you like fat. They were juicey and tasted great. I know you can get them whole and cut them yourself if you order them that way. But these were hard to pass up for the price! I mostely pass these up at the local store for the reason you pointed out. But they usually have them priced like they are something special.

These were priced like they didn't count the weight of the bones so it was a good deal.

Ron Go to Winn Dixie & tell the butcher who many whole racks you want,
He'll tell when to come pick em up...

Also tell him don't cut the racks to fit in the package, let em hang over

Back
Top Bottom