Beef Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
My wife called when she was at Wal-Mart and said they had beef ribs for right around $4 a rack. I asked her to check for the sodium to see if they were enhanced and she said it said 60mg, I told her to get three racks for that price. She got home and I was pleasantly surprised, the look pretty good for $4. So I rubbed them down with a heavy dose of Wolfe Rub Bold and let them sit in the fridge for an hour or so while I got the WSM ready and then hit them with another light dusting when I put them on! Gonna do the 4-1-1 method so they should be ready around 8:30. Just in time for the Skins game!!

Four hours and the ribs are into foil. Getting tender, should be pretty tender in another hour. The Wolfe Rub Bold is really making a nice bark and the smell is incredible!

Looking good Larry. The beef ribs I buy around here, from the resturant supply have way more meat than those. I eat 1 rib and I'm pretty full.

Nick Prochilo said:
Looking good Larry. The beef ribs I buy around here, from the resturant supply have way more meat than those. I eat 1 rib and I'm pretty full.

I bet you pay more than $4 a rack too!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":35nyih6y]Looking good Larry. The beef ribs I buy around here, from the resturant supply have way more meat than those. I eat 1 rib and I'm pretty full.

I bet you pay more than $4 a rack too![/quote:35nyih6y]

$1.50 per pound. Haven't gotten them in about a year though.

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1w6abyxl][quote="Nick Prochilo":1w6abyxl]Looking good Larry. The beef ribs I buy around here, from the resturant supply have way more meat than those. I eat 1 rib and I'm pretty full.

I bet you pay more than $4 a rack too![/quote:1w6abyxl]

$1.50 per pound. Haven't gotten them in about a year though.[/quote:1w6abyxl]

Oh well, guess I'm just an idiot! Sorry my ribs don't suit you.

Well I tried to tell him on another forum them ribs was not prime display models. I mean the boy is from old Virginny. The closest they come to seeing cows is watching old grade B Westerns on cable TV I think:) Just pushing your leg a little Larry. I still out by the mailbox waiting on my Wolfe Bold.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well I tried to tell him on another forum them ribs was not prime display models. I mean the boy is from old Virginny. The closest they come to seeing cows is watching old grade B Westerns on cable TV I think:) Just pushing your leg a little Larry. I still out by the mailbox waiting on my Wolfe Bold.

bigwheel

You won't be sorry BW. It's goooood stuff. Someone needs to smack the pony express on the butt.

Well next time cook em a little slower. The high heat is whut cuz them to have the bones sticking out on the end. Works the same way with pig bones. If you got a gauge try not to beak 260. If you cooking them on a kettle..I cant help ya:) Best ribs is cooked bone side up and direct over a mesquite coals shoveled fire and if it dont take 6 or 7 hours they was cooked too fast or not allowed to rest in the hotbox. Now some of these yankees say cook em two weeks at 199 you know that aint right.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom