Beef & Pork Back Ribs 4 a Wednesday Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TimBear

Sous Chef
Still on vacation and it was the first day in almost 2 weeks that I had the time to spend around the house with almost nothing to do (yeah right). So I decided that I was going to smoke up turkey legs for dinner and snacks for a few days. We were at 6 Flags Magic Mountain on Monday and I went to get a smoked turkey leg and they were out :(
So yesterday I went to the market to get 1/2 dozen or so and they were out (WTF). So after browsing the meat case I decided on beef back ribs and baby backs. The beef backs were full meat and the b-backs were super-meaty and on sale. I used the minion method again and set the 22 1/2" WSM up for wonderful afternoon together. :P
I made a quick rub with brown sugar, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, chardonnay smoked sea salt, coarse ground black pepper and some montreal steak rub. I gave the ribs about 2 hours on the counter soaking up the rub and then into the pit. I used maple Kingsford original, maple chunks and mesquite chunks and let them smoke for 5 hours at about 225*
I almost couldn't cut them as the meat was just falling off the bone and moist too. My wife and I sat there with 2 of 3 boys and ate. All you could hear were lips smackin and the sound of empty bones landing on the plate. I steamed up some fresh picked carrots and squash that we got at the farmers market; they were super good and sweet.

A few weeks ago I saw that someone had smoked up some almonds (I think it was Lew or Larry, I can't remember), so I gave it a try as well. I did 2 lbs of almonds with a butter, honey, olive oil, sugar, salt, cayenne and a dash of cinnamon. I gave them 2 hours in the smoker and they came out fantastic

Great looking ribs. The beef ribs look to be pretty meaty too. I can't seem to find any half way decent beef ribs around here.

Ummm HELLO! I just live down the street and wasn't invited? :) Just kidding Timmy, everything looks great. Did the beef ribs come from Whole Foods cause I need a rack...hint...hint.

I was at TimBear's last night for a few beers and tried his smoked almond and all I can say is OUSTANDING! Thanks Timmy and I'm going to try that soon.

Back
Top Bottom