Because it was there

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
I was at the store yesterday and came across a real nice full packer brisket….I don’t see those that often around here unless you order them special…So because it was there…and I’m off today and plan on doing some yard work…And other than some winter ribs Buford hasn‘t had much work…
I trimmed the fat cap down to about ¼ inch…marked the flat and made a slight seperation between the point and the flat….Rubbed it down with my Beef Rub and will mop it douring the cook…Starting it out fat cap down (so that the rub can set on the flat…)..cooking with a mix of Smokinlicous Red Oak, Hickory, and Black Cherry…and using Hump Lump….I will be consuming John Paul Labbats and jamming to so Blues on the Ipod….as long as the weather breaks it will be a good day…if not….it’s going to be a good day anyway.
I’ve got the white beans and hamhocks going on the stove….and some steaks to grill up for later, along with some pull apart bacon bread.
Before the trim job

All rubbed up and no where to go

Time to meet Buford

Cliff you arent' the only one doing a brisket today 8)

Dave, you better be careful announcing that you're cooking all that food, the Penns may show up unexpectedly! :LOL: :LOL:

That is a nice looking packer!

Larry Wolfe said:
Dave, you better be careful announcing that you're cooking all that food, the Penns may show up unexpectedly! :LOL: :LOL:

That is a nice looking packer!
I don't have to worry about that Larry...there is work to be done...John has an adversion to that...must be the whole public works thing... :LOL:

Bacon wrapped doggies are done.
I don't know what it is but it's hard to beat a smoked dog wrapped in bacon...especially the first of the "year"
Yard work is done...time to switch from Blues and Beer....to Outlaw Country and Whiskey.....and think about those steaks for dinner.... Ye Haw

Time to separate the point and the flat….that notch I carved in between them worked well….I could see where they parted and I didn’t’ kill the flat like I normally do….
Time to separate

The flat with a little bit of point left on

I had to hack off a little bit and give it a taste test..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom