bear ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pete1

Assistant Cook
A co-worker of my daughter some bear ribs. I would like to smoke them next weekend. Anyone ever done these? Any suggestions or hints?

I will probably put it on the smoker with a brisket because I won't have time to do them separately.

Thank, Pete

What kind of bear and what was it eating before its demise? Some bear is real good and some you can't stand to be in the same room when it is cooking.

In my opinion, the only good meats off a bear are the haunches and the back straps. If I was going to cook bear ribs, I guess I would inject them full of beef broth and butter. Bet it'd be tough no matter what you do.

Don't know anything about the bear. As I said, it was a gift to my daughter's co- worker.

I am going to give it a try. The grandsons will eat just about anything and they have good teeth.

If you have a good brisket cooking, then no worries about the bear. I've had to field dress a black bear or two, they have about 75 lbs of guts. Never messed with the ribs, might have been throwing good meat to the dogs. Let us know how it turns out!

Dang..cant believe yall dont watch many of those shows about Alaska. First thing I learned is black bears are good to eat..and brown ones aint. Now we need to try to figure out what color is this bear..or was the bear maybe? Surely it still got some hair stuck on it somewhere. Listen to Griff. lol If all else fails cook it up and if tastes like caca..that was prob a brown bear. If it muy staleiner..that means it be Oso Negro. And been eating the right stuff as Griff mentioned earlier..of course. There ya go.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom