BBQ with Franklin TV Show on PBS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nvestysly

Assistant Cook
I recently stumbled across a TV show on PBS Create called BBQ with Franklin. The hosts' name is Aaron Franklin and he owns a BBQ place in Austin, TX

I've only seen a dozen or so episodes but it's pretty interesting. He discusses recipes, techniques, smoking & grilling, side dishes to a limited extent, and places other than Texas.

Anybody else seen the show? What do you think?

Haven't seen the show but know of Aaron Franklin and the reputation of Franklin BBQ. Seems that is the place folks start standing in line early in the morning to get lunch. I'll have to check it out.

What little I've seen him do goes damn near 100% the opposite of what I know to be true.

Which just proves there ain't no right or wrong, just whatever works for you. The bits of the show I've see are interesting.

I continue to see this show now and then on PBS Create in my area. I saw my first repeat the other day and I haven't seen that many episodes so maybe that means not many shows were made.

Regardless, I find it a hoot since he's kinda goofy/nerdy like me. I particularly like the fact that he's a hands-on guy. One episode showed him using old 250 gallon propane tanks to make a smoker. Yes, he used reasonable precautions before he cut into the tank.

I'm from Texas so Aaron is huge in Austin. If you search his name on YouTube you can find the PBS show along with some other cool videos of him at Texas A&M doing training lectures.

Nope Never seen Him. I have my own way of grilling and that's cool for me . I think I will see his channel If he have in youtube .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom