BBQ Question ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
Is there any way to keep Butts from sticking to the grate after smoking. I tried spraying the grates with Pam and they still stuck. Whats up with that ?

The only good thing is that you don't have to wonder about where the fat cap is. ;)

What?

I smoke all my meats in aluminum pans. No mess, no sticky, no grease, lots of wonderful juices to mix with pulled pork.
And, I never have to clean that stuff out of the smokers.
20 lb. Beef Chucky Roll going on in the morning.
PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Smoke On!!!!!!

Cliff, If one of those nicely seasoned cast iron Char-Griller grates will fit in
the WSM, put your butts on them.
Meat rarely sticks to the well seasoned expanded metal grates on my barrel cookers so maybe you could custom cut some grates to fit the bullet.

While snooping around the grilling section of Home Depot here while back noticed they was peddling some grating material which claimed to be stick proof..and wouldnt leave grill marks on the meat. Supposed be able to wash em in the dishwasher etc. They seemed to be made of slightly stouter but similar material to the disposable aluminum pans from Sams but they were built flat and slotted out like grates so the heat and smoke and grease could pass through it etc. Came within about an inch of buying some with the thinking being you just set them on a dirty grate with the meat on top and not have to worry about cleaning the grate so much. Something like that should cure your problemo.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom