Bbq for the boyscouts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

olflathead

Assistant Cook
Been asked to do Bbq for the Boyscouts. Bbq plates seem to be on the order. Anyone know how many ounces of Q would be a good helping. Q and 2 sides is what I'm thinking.

Usually people say 1/4 to 1/3 pound of meat per serving with 2 sides. Is it's for an annual banquet, 1/4 pound will probably be fine, but if it's after a full day of activity, you might need 1/2 pound each.;)

The way it is served will make a difference. Buffet style, you'll need more than if you have someone serving. What we sometimes do is have plenty of sides at the beginning of a buffet line, and at the end of the line, have someone portion out and serve the BBQ.

Good luck with it.

BOB

Thanks for the reply Bob. This will be a selling to the public event with with 3 compartment trays. We will be controlling the amounts of each item.

Yeah you are doing a great deed here. The Boy Scouts is a great Organization, has been for years. I was part of it for years, all the way from a Tiger Cub, to a Cub Scout, then a Webelos, all the way up to the Ranks of Life. I never made it all the way to an Eagle Scout. The troop in our little town kinda fell apart, with to few scouts. It was a time when no one wanted to join. But at any rate, you are doing a fine thing sir for supporting the scouts. Keep it up, and I hope your Q goes well.

Hey Flathead Bob giving good advice here. Get a real mean old stingy widder lady in charge of portion control on the meat. You will prob wind up throwing most of the veggies out. I learned the hard way folks who come to eat smoked meat aint looking for rabbit food. Do you have any creative input into the menu or is perhaps written in stone by the Monsignor? Can only agree with Max on the noble nature of the Boy Scouts..they even let thugs like me in there..lol. Learned a bunch of cool stuff..most of which would get me kicked off here to repeat..lol. Most fun a kid can have.

Back
Top Bottom