Battle of the Rubs, #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
I did two briskets (I know they are going to be considered imaginary briskets because no photos equals no cook). But one had Texas BBQ brisket blend and the other was Wolf Rub Bold. This time it was unanimous. WRB 4, Texas BBQ 0. The comments were that the WRB was spicy and the TBBQ was tangy but too sweet. I wish I could describe tastes better but I think the gin gets in the way.

Griff

Griff said:
I did two briskets (I know they are going to be considered imaginary briskets because no photos equals no cook). But one had Texas BBQ brisket blend and the other was Wolf Rub Bold. This time it was unanimous. WRB 4, Texas BBQ 0. The comments were that the WRB was spicy and the TBBQ was tangy but too sweet. I wish I could describe tastes better but I think the gin gets in the way.

Griff

WOW Griff!! I'm flattered that my Bold Wolfe Rub was the unanimous favorite over Texas BBQ Rub's Brisket Blend, Bill's products are very good!! That is quite an honor in my book! Thank you!

Unity said:
Puff said:
Alot of cooking been goin' on up North lately huh Griff?
It's a hard winter up there and they have to bulk up for insulation. ;)

--John ;)
(Sorta like bears, except without the hibernation.)
:LOL: Man I checked the temp up there. High of 9*, low of 6* :shock:

It's -4* right now. It has been below zero at night and single digits during the day for two weeks. It's still better than those poor b*stards that live in Fairbanks where it has been 30 below for a while.

I have been cooking a lot this weekend. Work has been a bear the last two months and I finally found some time to relax, consume some adult beverages, and cook large chunks of meat over fire. It's practically therapeutic.

Griff

Larry Wolfe said:
Griff said:

Griff

WOW Griff!! I'm flattered that my Bold Wolfe Rub was the unanimous favorite over Texas BBQ Rub's Brisket Blend, Bill's products are very good!! That is quite an honor in my book! Thank you!

You told me that you thought they sux-d. :?

Finney said:
Larry Wolfe said:
Griff said:

Griff

That's what he told me about Finney rub! :LOL:

Nick Prochilo said:
Finney said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2uk7heft]
Griff said:

Griff

That's what he told me about Finney rub! :LOL:[/quote:2uk7heft]

D'oh :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom