Barbeque Sauce - Help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
Anyone have a simple recipe to cut into Sweet Baby Rays bbq sauce. I didnt order my sauce :evil: and I got to cook for 20 tomorrow. Any help is appreciated. thanks. db

I don't use the same sauce for those 2 things, or anything for that matter.
For the pulled pork, I'd add at least half apple cider vinegar.

For the brisket, try a using SBR with a dark colored soda, Dr. Pepper
or Coke, for ex.

I've got two or three sauce recipes on my website...never made any other than the "Quick and Easy" recipe (requires no cooking) and is actually pretty not bad......The other two would probably be better but are a bit more entailed......I'd give ya my recipe, but then I'd have to kill ya... ;)
dj

Great start would be to flush the SWB and just use the bottle it come in after it has been washed out real good. I like Headcountry Regular for dead chickens and pushed pork. Texas Rib Rangers Spicy for ribs and table use.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Great start would be to flush the SWB and just use the bottle it come in after it has been washed out real good. I like Headcountry Regular for dead chickens and pushed pork. Texas Rib Rangers Spicy for ribs and table use.

bigwheel

Thank you everyone! and to BW, I like the head country sauce too. Thats what I didnt order. It'll be on the order this week but its too late for tomorrow. I went with a Dr. BBQ sauce straight out the book and holy geezo peezo is it good! Sorry still a noob here i guess? man I cant wait to taste it tomorrow. It went on tonight and will be done for tomorrow at noon! Sorry no pics. I know the rule, - but I had to take that little cam back to best buy and have it sent in to the manufact. for a fix. Pix was gettin grainy. Have a safe and Happy 4th!

Well sounds like you got hold of a winner on that Dr. Pooper sauce. I purty much gave up on trying to make my own years ago. Seems like all I made was messes which was not as good as Kraft:)

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well sounds like you got hold of a winner on that Dr. Pooper sauce. I purty much gave up on trying to make my own years ago. Seems like all I made was messes which was not as good as Kraft:)

bigwheel

Do mean Krap'ft bbq souse :shock:

I'll post my very own 100 year old recipe... .......... Maybe ;)

bigwheel said:

bigwheel

Thanks. I have a pig catering this weekend and I'm out of one of the sauces I offered up in the past. I couldn't remember the name......it was head country. Many customers liked it.
Too late for this weekend, but some will be ordered.
I'm serving;
Ole Ray's cinnamon/apple
Kansas City style from Ray Lamps
SBR
My version of east Carolina vinegar based.

Hmmm Ray got his own line of sauce now huh. Ain't he just got to be a smarty pants. Bet its good. He's a good cook..for an ex yankee:) Heard he moved to Florida just to escape the stigma. Should help some. Now if we could just get him to quit looking so much like Colonel Sanders..lol.

bigwheel

Rag said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

Thanks. I have a pig catering this weekend and I'm out of one of the sauces I offered up in the past. I couldn't remember the name......it was head country. Many customers liked it.
Too late for this weekend, but some will be ordered.
I'm serving;
Ole Ray's cinnamon/apple
Kansas City style from Ray Lamps
SBR
My version of east Carolina vinegar based.

Yep that head country is real good if you ask me.

I did my cook today and it turned out great. I even got a few really nice compliments. :D :D

Back
Top Bottom