Banana Peppers & Turkey Breast on the Grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
Hi Guys, I've been missing in action for awhile doing a lot of work around the house but now that I've caught up, I thought I would post a shot of my garden and the banana peppers that are growing like crazy.

I never grew banana peppers before and I'm trying to incorporate them into as many dishes as possible. Started off just cutting them up for salads but I've moved on to grilling them and putting them into wild and brown rice dishes along with hot pepper flakes. They are very mild tasting and great on top of burgers, chicken dishes, etc., etc. They are also great on the side.

I cooked a turkey breast using some Wolfe's Citrus Rub and had that with the wild and brown rice dish mentioned above along with a green salad last night. I anciently deleted the plated picture so all I have is what's posted here. :cry:

Tomato box in foreground with different varieties of peppers and cucumbers in the larger back area.

Close up shot of banana peppers ready for picking.

Banana peppers on the grill. Got a nice char all over them before putting them in a plastic bag for steaming. It makes the skins easier to peel off.

Turkey breast ready to take off the grill and rest before carving. It came out great with a very nice flavor. Wolfe's rub is great stuff!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Looks great!!! Besides being a great cook it looks like you have quite the green thumb too, nice garden!!

good looking stuff...here in Michigan our garden didn't go in untill mid june but before long i will have banana peppers, seranos and Jalapenos....I cant wait

Try stuffing those peppers with a cheese, bread crumb, sausage mixture, then grill or bake. We make those all the times and folks are starting to ask for them as much as they ask for ABT's

john pen said:
Try stuffing those peppers with a cheese, bread crumb, sausage mixture, then grill or bake. We make those all the times and folks are starting to ask for them as much as they ask for ABT's

Lew that looks outstanding. Same with the garden.

John - Cream cheese or any cheese?

dollarbill said:
john pen said:

Lew that looks outstanding. Same with the garden.

John - Cream cheese or any cheese?
We use a mixture of cheese. We have added a little cream cheese, but usually we use whats on hand. My wife loves cheese and always has a variety on hand.

john pen said:
Hey John, thanks for the idea. I've got so many of those peppers now that I was thinking of dehydrating them for use later.

Back
Top Bottom