Backwoods Shakedown Cruise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
no instruction manual with this thing, so I just fired her up and let
her rip....might be the best way to go anyway..kinda like throwing away
the wsm manual.

First lesson learned...do not fill the water pan and then try to put it
in the cooker.

The wagon sure brings it up to a comfortable level.

It's a new Tel Tru therm, so just in case, I'm also using a Maverick to
compare, but I'm not sure it's in the chamber.

Well that looks like a real good plan on the water pan. The ones I have seen previously had a fixed pan with a vertical pipe running up the middle that had a flapper on the end. Those kind always seemed sorta silly to me. Glad yours dont have that feature. Watch out for the coke. Its real unhealthy.

oversmoked the sausage by a lot and the chicken by a little, but still will have
dinner. It was interesting. Held temps very well. next time, I'll work on
changing the temps more.

btw, savory grits on the side...will make a great breakfast tomorrow too.

Now the meat looked good from whut I can recall over the rolling waves of hominy grit nausea. That is not a nice trick to pull on us old Corpus boys. You need papas like the man say previously.

Hmmm grates in backwards huh? Wonder if grits could be causing some brain damage short term memory loss of motor function etc? That most likely why Sick Willy got forgetful on the Monica deal. He an old Arkie grit eater ya know. Just trying to cover all the bases here.

When did you get a BW, Jimmy? Melissa Cookston of Yazoo's Delta Q uses the for her comp team and she can control the temp by how many briquettes she adds...seems like she has it down to a science. I think you will really like the cooker...shouldn't take to long for you to master!

Back
Top Bottom