Back in the Game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
allisonandrews said:
The Joker said:
LMAO!! Jager rocks!! :(

My husband claims to hate it, but I see him sipping on my shots of it. I think he really buys them for himself, just doesn't want to admit it. I keep a bottle of it in the freezer at all times - I love even just adding a bit to coke or Dr. P for flavor.
We used to drink screaming nazis in college jager and rumpelmints chilled..........Maybe that's why I can't spell.....

allisonandrews said:
The Joker said:
LMAO!! Jager rocks!! :(

My husband claims to hate it, but I see him sipping on my shots of it. I think he really buys them for himself, just doesn't want to admit it. I keep a bottle of it in the freezer at all times - I love even just adding a bit to coke or Dr. P for flavor.
I'm in love !! :smooch:

:!:

If only there were more people in Texas on here... we could all get together for a smoke and then have a foodsaver party afterwards. Adult beverages would be needed of course - I'm about due for a restock - I threw away about 3 bottle this past week (they only had one or so shots left in each bottle, so each time I drank a coke or something, I spun the bar butler around and just added a shot of whatever bottle was facing me.

Don't worry - I don't drink much coke, so it was okay. I even made it to work every day last week. Well, no, actually I didn't. I was in Austin on Monday - but that was a business trip, so it counted as work. I skipped out on work yesterday, so I've already blown this week.

Poor Cliff it looks like he might be getting his second thread locked..........and I want to know how his cook is coming along.

wittdog said:
Poor Cliff it looks like he might be getting his second thread locked..........and I want to know how his cook is coming along.
:ack: Well, since I'm involved, it's a sure thing!! :)

brian j said:
oh boy, here we go with the foil vs. no foil debate. can't we talke about something simple like middle east peace?

Sorry, that would be me that started with the foil. #-o Well as Paul Kirk says, the only thing foil is good for is a crutch.

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
[quote="brian j":3e3sfrtz]oh boy, here we go with the foil vs. no foil debate. can't we talke about something simple like middle east peace?

Sorry, that would be me that started with the foil. #-o Well as Paul Kirk says, the only thing foil is good for is a crutch.[/quote:3e3sfrtz]
You have nothing to be sorry for as long as people can agree to disagree there will always be debates about stuff like this and most times there is no right or wrong answer but in a discussion you can maybe pick something up that you can use later on down the line or apply it in a different manner.
Find out what you like and what works for you but don't be afriad to try something new. I really hate it when someone gets on there :rant: and says this is the only way to do fill in the blank. If you like it and who ever your cooking for likes it then that's all that matters. NO one way is the right way. Just have fun doing it and be safe

6hr update. Brisket at 145 deg. It sat at 143 deg while I struggled with unexpected issues. The wind picked up and was blowing from the wrong direction. I wound up having to wheel the whole thing to a better location. I did have sudden temp drop issues as Wittdog warned and now I am eating a big o ONION. Ashes have built up and I will have to dump it soon but I have a very nice coal bed working right now. Pit temp at 230 deg right now.

Lookin' good Cliff ~ Glad you got that in while you could! :grin: :grin: 8-[

Cliff H. said:
6hr update. Brisket at 145 deg. It sat at 143 deg while I struggled with unexpected issues. The wind picked up and was blowing from the wrong direction. I wound up having to wheel the whole thing to a better location. I did have sudden temp drop issues as Wittdog warned and now I am eating a big o ONION. Ashes have built up and I will have to dump it soon but I have a very nice coal bed working right now. Pit temp at 230 deg right now.

Wind is probably the worst variable to deal with. It was windy here yesterday and I had to have my vents open more becuase the wind was stealing my heat. Fire up another chimney of charcoal up, dump the ashes and pop a split log on the new batch of coals. You'll be back in action in no time....I usually blow into the fire box at this point to get the fresh split log burnning real good so you don't have the new smoke.

I'm not saying this to tell you I told you so (so please dont' take it that way but) Isn't it amazing how quickly the temp can drop like that. One minute your cruising and the next "Is my therm broke?" When stuff like that happens it can be frustrating but as you look back it's days like this that you learn your pit and it helps to make you a better Qer

allisonandrews said:
Are you going to wait until they get to around 160 to cover the pan with foil? Are you going to add any beer?

I haven't decided if I am going to foil or not. No beer. The brisket is starting to render so I am at the ready with my baster. I did pour a little root beer over it just for grins :!:

LOL. I've actually used Dr. Pepper before on stuff that called for beer when I was cooking around my parents. They know there is a difference between cooking with it and drinking it, but to be considerate, I don't bring any beer to their house. (I had plenty of it out there when I was living there, though!)

Cliff H. said:
allisonandrews said:
Are you going to wait until they get to around 160 to cover the pan with foil? Are you going to add any beer?

I haven't decided if I am going to foil or not. No beer. The brisket is starting to render so I am at the ready with my baster. I did pour a little root beer over it just for grins :!:
Rootbeer interesting let us know how it comes out....I would just be worried about the sugar becoming bitter (JMO) I have screwed up enough times with sugar I am afraid of brown sugar in my rubs, I use the turbinado (SP) tends to hold up better but again that's just preference.

I just coated the fat cap and will be drawing out most of it out of the pan in an hour or so. It just looked like it was thirsty.

Cliff H. said:
I just coated the fat cap and will be drawing out most of it out of the pan in an hour or so. It just looked like it was thirsty.
Cliff I'm getting thirsty and hongry!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom