Back from Tejas Q-fest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodman1

Executive Chef
I just got back from the Texas BBQ Rub group www.texasbbqrub.com , annual bash in Cistern ,Texas. Ate some great BBQ at The Railhead in Ft Worth, and also got to the Pendery's store there , where I dropped a ton on Chili and Chile Powders. This is basically a group of internet friends like this one, but based out of Tejas. We get together the first weekend in November every year and tell tall tales, camp-out, go visit Tejas landmarks (The Alamo, Shiner Brewery, B&B Charcoal, Smitty's and Kreuzes in Lockhart,) eat some great (and different) BBQ, and drink copious amounts of beer and Tequila. We also ate some great chicken fried steaks, gumbo, and jambalaya. The racoon was, however, TERRIBLE! This event is put on by Gator Pits, Texas BBQ Rub, and Texas Pepper Jelly for $75/person . We had folks from all over the country. Anyone who wants to see how they do it in Tejas, should try and hook up for next year. It is truly the highlite of my BBQ year! Here are some photos:

http://www.peppersandsmoke.com/photo/in ... st%202006/
Woody

Nick, I fixed it.

ps. We almost burnt down the place trying to deep fry 8 turkeys in a 55 gallon barrell ;)

Fantastic Pics Woody. Man that looked like fun. Never been to texas but its on my "before I die to do list".

Woodman said:
Nick, I fixed it.

ps. We almost burnt down the place trying to deep fry 8 turkeys in a 55 gallon barrell ;)

Why the heck would anyone want to fry turkey's?? [smilie=a_hrm.gif]

Nice pics Woody...looks like a great weekend...Remind us next year when your putting your money in...sounds Do-able !!

Will do John. The first weekend in October is the date. These guys will welcome you with open arms. Just like the great guys here. Some are even gay like Greg! ;)

Back
Top Bottom