Baby Backs – Wet vs. Dry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Finney

Master Chef
Savannah, GA and Somewhere near Lexington, NC
I voted wet, but I really like both.

One interesting tidbit... Watching a FoodNetwork show on KC rib places, most if not all used a sauce during the cooking process even on their "dry" ribs. So they were wet at some point. You should try that while experimenting. :!:

Joe F said:
Hey All,

I posted this in the smoke ring forum as well so some of you may have already seen it, and I'm sure this poll has been posted before, but I'm trying to get a good feel for which is more desired by hardcore bbq'ers... Wet or Dry pork ribs?

Well I perfer wet and sticky myself , but I wont turn down ribs wet or dry.I never net a rib I did not like !! LOL

Joe F said:
I hear that! there is a rib for every mood.

HEY , Joe man just check out the tee shirt site , what no 5X tee shirts , man anit you ever heard us BBQ folks aint small of size?? LOL
Really I have been trying to find tee shirts for us full grown fellas ,if I can fin em I would buy em!!

It really depends on the rub. At Daisy May's BBQ in NYC, I really like their dry ribs and will buy them and not their wet "sticky" ribs. At home and in comps, I usually make wet.

I think a true wet rib would be a rack that is doused in sauce just prior to serving. I know it can't be considered a true dry rack if it has been glazed but it certainly isn't wet either. I prefer mine with a slight glaze and then some extra sauce on the side if the mood strikes me to dip! :(

Damp? I cook mine dry, but I usually put a light coating of sauce on them when I take them off the cooker, then wrap in foil and let them rest a few minutes before serving. They aren't dipped in sauce, and certainly don't have sauce dripping off them, but they aren't strictly dry, either.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom