Baby Backs & Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
Well, I was walking through the grocery store and saw that BB's were about two something a pound and decided to buy three of them. I also picked up three pounds of jumbo gulf of Mexico shrimp. Took about two pounds of shrimp and made Shrimp Alfredo with linguine. I took the rest of the shrimp and grilled on the Kamado. 1/3 of them I skewered with just Cajun seasoning on them. The other 2/3 of the shrimps I wrapped in bacon and skewered for the grill. The "Baby Back" ribs were marinated in Allegro "hot & Spicey" and then rubbed with suckle busters "hoochie mama" and put on the WSM with hickory and kingsford hickory. All was great. The Shrimp Alfredo was the best though... ;)

<object width="800" height="450"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=5266654&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=0&show_portrait=0&color=00adef&fullscreen=1"><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=5266654&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=0&show_portrait=0&color=00adef&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="800" height="450"></embed></object>

Father Day BBQ from TeamSurfinSapo on Vimeo.</p>

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/p8N_SZ7YNlU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/p8N_SZ7YNlU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

SANY0027.JPG

SANY0028.JPG

SANY0029.JPG

SANY0031.JPG

SANY0036.JPG

SANY0039.JPG

SANY0043.JPG

SANY0046.JPG

SANY0047.JPG

SANY0050.JPG

SANY0052.JPG

SANY0054.JPG

SANY0057.JPG

SANY0061.JPG

SANY0066.JPG

SANY0067.JPG

looks like another fine cook... think I might do something on the propane today .. not sure yet what but im getting hungry now !!

surfinsapo said:
Propane? What kind of burner do you have?

just the basic walmart jobbie gas grill .... weird thing is best smoked ribs I ever did came outta that thing with a small wood box ...Ill grab some photos today ....gunna warm her up ... decided to go with an already marinated hormel peppercorn pork loin .... looked delicish so I had to grab it ... couldnt find the collosal shrimp I wanted so ima wait for the weekend for that but im gunna do some rings, jo jo's and some weird pancake griddle fries or somtin I picked up from costco that looked delish..

btw u have a package on the way ...6-10 bussiness days, just sent it parcel post ... keep an eye out ...might be a lil somthin somethin extra in thar ...let me know when u get it and ill tell ya what goes good with what..

Kevin

ScottyDaQ said:
Looks great SS!

How did you manage to break the grate on the K?
A weld popped lose and I haven't fixed it yet.. I might have broke it whilw lifting the grate off with a piece of metal..Good eyes you have!!! :shock:

Absolutely Awesome!

You guys so inspired me that I just ordered The Big Green Egg.

We just took on the line so I got a personal use price and couldn't pass it up.

Anyone want an unused (but dirty from being outside) Smokenator for a 22 inch Weber?

Seriously it's up for grabs.

mar52 said:
Absolutely Awesome!

Anyone want an unused (but dirty from being outside) Smokenator for a 22 inch Weber?

Id keep it if I were you. Chances are your gonna need it someday when you need the extra cooker. :idea: ;)

mar52 said:
Absolutely Awesome!

Did you look at the Bubba Keg Cooker before the BGE buy, Mar?

Hi Greg,

I just read up on it. Looks interesting, but my order is already in.

I know I won't be unhappy. Our sales rep cooked on it behind our store for an entire day and it looks like I can handle it.

I'm getting mine in this setup:

smallMain_11_59.jpg

I can't wait!

Because of my limited patio space I have to give up my OTG so I won't be needed the Smokenator.

Still up for grabs!

Yeah, I just realized what I did. Sorry.

Back to the ribs and shrimp...

Awesome! I like the way you spear the shrimp.

Do you ever have trouble with grilled shrimp turning mushy when you grill them?

mar52 said:
Yeah, I just realized what I did. Sorry.

Back to the ribs and shrimp...

Awesome! I like the way you spear the shrimp.

Do you ever have trouble with grilled shrimp turning mushy when you grill them?
yes. sometimes.

Toby keil said:
Great lookin meal SS. When are you going to make turtle soup with your little buddy? :shock:
NEVER..... He's my good luck turtle.. I rescued him from being hit my a car.. He's part of the family!!! :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom